very aggressive female clown

twistoflime

Market
Reaction score
I have a very aggressive 3" female darwins clown that I think is responsible for bulling my 3 1/2- 4" cherub angel to death:sad:. She is sortof paired with a small male clown but is bullieng him to and he has an infection :sad:. She bullies all the fish in my large 420g system so It will be very hard to catch her. I can't add any new "docile fish for I think she will probobly kill them.Here is my plan-
Step 1- Put a bta in there for her to host. This will probobly make her only aggressive in one area. Although she (after she gets used to the anemone) will probobly start roaming around the tank and bullieng every one agian even if they don't go near the anemone, which is what leads me to step 2

step 2- Get 1 3-4" atlantic blue tang. These tangs are passive but will not put up with being bullied so they should work. Plus they are hardy. or get 3 (atlantic blue tangs like to be in schools) 2" atlantic blue tangs that are still in the yellow phase. This way they have eachother for protection.

Please give me your experiences. Please I am not looking for opinions at this point just personal experianses.

Thanks, Diane

FutureInterest;300554 wrote: Why not remove the clown? I've got a trap you can borrow.

Maybe the best option.

I have a feeling you have gotton attached to these guys. I like that you did not choose one of the more aggresive tangs on your list.(I just looked at it again) You have no shot at adding any other fish on your list other than a tang, they are all very passive fish(not the tangs but the rest of your list) You have a great idea that will probably actually work out by putting a tang in and the Blue is the one I would have gone with.

What if it does not work? You are left with taking him out still.

You can always trade him for several of the other fish on your list.

Fish Scales2;300643 wrote: Maybe the best option.

I have a feeling you have gotton attached to these guys. I like that you did not choose one of the more aggresive tangs on your list.(I just looked at it again) You have no shot at adding any other fish on your list other than a tang, they are all very passive fish(not the tangs but the rest of your list) You have a great idea that will probably actually work out by putting a tang in and the Blue is the one I would have gone with.

What if it does not work? You are left with taking him out still.

You can always trade him for several of the other fish on your list.
Well, I really like the male clownfish, he's always swimming were you can see him and has a great personality. If we remove the female I would have to try and pair him again befor putting my other clonwfish pair in becuase otherwise he'll probobly get beat up. And who knows how long it will take for him to pair up again. So I guess taking her out would be my LAST resort.

I don't think he'll get beatup by a clown pair added later. It'll be the other way around prolly... g'luck.

twistoflime;300517 wrote: Put a bta in there for her to host. This will probobly make her only aggressive in one area. Although she (after she gets used to the anemone) will probobly start roaming around the tank and bullieng every one agian even if they don't go near the anemone...

The RBTA I added to my 90g only increased aggressiveness without tying the clowns to one area of the tank. Those fish would leave the 'nem and swim all the way across the tank to attack me.

Back