very cool new product! check it out!

I like it. What are they made out of? I could not find it.

Do you need to worry about PH fluctuations.

Joe

sailfish;189260 wrote: I like it. What are they made out of? I could not find it.

Do you need to worry about PH fluctuations.

Joe

just click on the first link in the first thread

Thanks Mystry box but I looked on the website it does not say what it's made of. Maybe I missed it.

I saw this"
<ul>
<li><p style="text-align:left;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">Made entirely of inert and non-toxic ingredients. It has been thoroughly tested in Marine Reef Aquariums and will not harm fish or corals.</span>
</li>
</ul>Still do not know what it is. Maybe I am tarted today and can't see it.:confused2:
<p style="text-align:left;">
Joe

This is the best that I could do.

from Dave, "I created the recipe with the specific intention of it being
6705-very-cool-new-product.html

Well, I just received one, and I was very, very impressed. I will be getting another one. It just helps take your tank "through" the glass visually.

It looks like it's just one form of concrete. Maybe that's why they are so cheap.

CGill311;198897 wrote: Oh yeah, how do they attach to the glass?

I 2nd this question, looks like magnets. How strong are they? Are you able to attach frags to it, without it falling?

The site says magnets. Must be pretty powerful...or else teh rocks are really light?

corvettecris;198900 wrote: The site says magnets. Must be pretty powerful...or else teh rocks are really light?

Porous concrete can be suprisingly light. Then when you place them under water, I'm guessing you could design them to be close to neutrally bouyant. So that's probably not a big issue. I'd worry more about corrosion and leaching of metals from the magnets.

The rock attach to the glass by magnets. The rock is light in weight. I am very happy with it. You could easily have frags attached to it.

blfuller123;198893 wrote: I am considering ordering a complete back wall (72x36) from this place. It looks like everyone is happy with what they purchased?

Just contact the owner first. Plus, I'm sure that he would give you a deal, but make sure your glass isn't too think. You can contact on his website.
<span style="font-size: 13px;">The DWR-Mags are meant for aquariums on the smaller side that have thinner glass (220 gallons or lower
</span>

Checked the site and it looks like they are out of stock! You guys must have cleaned them out. Is anyone using this on 210G glass? I was concerned that it might be pushing the limit of the magnet strength based on the thickness of glass. Would like to know if anyone has any experience with that, and if they are holding ok.
Thanks,
Bob

In addition to the glass, I have a 3/8 inch piece of acrylic as my background behind the back glass wall of tank. No issues.

Sweet! I am contacting them about some custom work for the background of my new 210 to help hide the closed loop returns.
BZ

you cab get them from here to:
http://www.aqua-mags.com/">http://www.aqua-mags.com/</a>

also:

[B]<span style="color: #4b0082;">David Brahms
</span>[/B][IMG]http://www.deepwaterrock.com/"><span style="color: #4b0082;">[B]www.DeepWaterRock.com[/B]</span></a>
<span style="color: #4b0082;">[B]email: [IMG]mailto:info@deepwaterrock.com">info@deepwaterrock.com</a>
phone: 804-897-1038[/B]</span>

We have these and we absolutely love them. We use them for a lot of our zoas so that we can put a frag on the back glass or the overflow box and they will take over. Definately worth it!

Mine have been in for a while now and no problems. This was the best purchased I have made for my tank (as looks go). I have about a dozen corals on them and the rocks have not moved. Rick

looking at the website, they are out of stock on most everything, is it a custom order piece only site, are they still in business? inquiring minds want to know :) LOL

Back