VIPARSPECTRA Lights

larrynews

Supporting
Reaction score
Has anyone used these for high end sps corals? I am so sick of my ai prime 16 the new and older version melting lenses, just stop working and numerous other issues. I love the lights the first 2 years but once that warranty runs out the trouble starts. I’m not sure how much longer I’ll be doing this so I don’t want to spend a lot since I have a 6ft tank just one or two of something g won’t work.
Thanks in advance.

I grew a little one inch frag of some Walt Disney tenuis to about 4 inches surprisingly rapidly with one of their lights until a trigger I had decided it was better off buried in the sand. IMO they work well but lack the refinement and polish of more premium lighting solutions. If you’re willing to fine tune it they are fine options

Yeah the viparspectra should grow any coral just fine. Just don't get the cheaper black boxes that only have one kind of blue led.

For around the same price or a little more I would get one of these though:

They both offer 6 channels of color control and are much sleeker designs. I have the smaller 60w version of the Smatfarm and I love it.

Yeah the viparspectra should grow any coral just fine. Just don't get the cheaper black boxes that only have one kind of blue led.

For around the same price or a little more I would get one of these though:

They both offer 6 channels of color control and are much sleeker designs. I have the smaller 60w version of the Smatfarm and I love it.
Actually thinking about retrofitting one of these into my 32 biocube

Back