Vortech users?

melev;151554 wrote: If you had a 1000g ten to fifteen year old tank made with 3/4" material, I could understand that. What happened to his tank is unfortunate, but it hasn't happened to any other tanks nor even to more than one spot on his tank even after he intentionally tried to repeat it with more pumps in that general area.

I'm sure you'll be happy with your Tunzes. I used them for at least 4 years on two different tanks.

Yeah I know just had cold feet after I ordered four of the Vortech's. I may buy a couple at some point if I decide I need more flow. My Tunzes are going to be mounted externally in acrylic boxes so they will be as hidden as the Vortech's would have been.

I had a theory on that. I think there may have been some compound on the rubber pad that goes on the dryside. Either he put it on unintentionally or it might've come from the manufacturing process. I've heard that windex will cause acrylic to craze so perhaps a similar compound was on the rubber pad. Otherwise he should've been able to replicate the crazing...

I have a different theory. Regardless, he's going to replace the tank so the problem has been solved. He's already drilled that area out and installed a huge bulkhead to keep the current tank from springing a leak.

im am lossing my mind waiting for ups to get here with my new wireless vortechs dam ups dam them

So whats the minimum thickness you'd put these on? Not that I'm considering changing but my tank is, I think 3/8" You think that would be a concern?

Sweet! Prolly not because they only have 400 more gph than what I use to have running in it. Now maybe if the wave sim was runing.

glxtrix;151709 wrote: So whats the minimum thickness you'd put these on? Not that I'm considering changing but my tank is, I think 3/8" You think that would be a concern?

The specs say they can be run on 3/16" so if you can believe the specs you would be fine. They have a spacer that you adjust for the thickness of your tank so I would assme it keeps the magnet strength the same for any given thickness.

Back