waiting waiting waiting!!!!!!

Reefplumber13

Market
Reaction score
man this is getting old. is there anything i can do to cycle my tank faster?? i mean im ready to see some movement in there its old watcing the DAMsel and the two evil crabs and thats it so plz if there is let me know but i doubt it

Ohh yeah I know. My 180 took about 6 weeks to cycle. Rather absurd to have so much money and time just to have it sit there and mock you

i think my 80 gallon took 4 weeks and after that i just put about 3 green chromis in there to make sure things are going to live haha didnt want to start out with something really expensive.....im gonan leave the chromis in for about 2 weeks and after that start with the coral frags and other fish.

have u had ur water tested yet? how do you know its not cycled already?

sorry if thats a dumb question

yeah I used that same stability stuff that dawgdude is talking about if i remember right it wasnt to expensive 10 to 20 bux i think??

One of the most fascinating parts of this hobby, in my opinion, is not the stuff we buy to put in the tank, but the stuff that shows up all on their own via live rock.

It may look sterile, but sit close and look at the rocks, sand, and glass. I really can say I've stared more at my refugium over the years than my display because of the interesting little critters that show up.

At least that'll help pass the time.

dawgdude;177900 wrote: A seachem product called Stability can help speed up the process. I would use that for ATLEAST a week though even if you water tests perfect, it can mask some levels so still take it SLOW.
lol well i just started useing that stuff monday the guy at the lfs said its good stuff i didnt know so i guess it is

George;177913 wrote: One of the most fascinating parts of this hobby, in my opinion, is not the stuff we buy to put in the tank, but the stuff that shows up all on their own via live rock.

It may look sterile, but sit close and look at the rocks, sand, and glass. I really can say I've stared more at my refugium over the years than my display because of the interesting little critters that show up.

At least that'll help pass the time.
well i do that but i see nothing but then again i have adhd and cant do one thing too long lol

jaydm93teg;177897 wrote: i think my 80 gallon took 4 weeks and after that i just put about 3 green chromis in there to make sure things are going to live haha didnt want to start out with something really expensive.....im gonan leave the chromis in for about 2 weeks and after that start with the coral frags and other fish.

have u had ur water tested yet? how do you know its not cycled already?

sorry if thats a dumb question
im going to get it tested today so ill let yall know

Wait until night and use a flashlight with a red lense, I bought an angle flashlight from an army surplus store for like $5 it came with red,blue, and green lenses.

It doesn't take very long. The red lense won't disturb them. A bright regular flashlight will cause them to hide before you will get a chance to see them, the red light won't make them scatter

oh im really in no hurry i just was board and wanted to know if there was something i could do but i did what you said already so ill just wait somemore lol maybe it will be good to go today when i get it tested

turbostart. I was told by my lfs, that turbo start is like instant cycling; I'm sure its not true, as I followed this direction, and have had my share of dead fish (but for some reason, my corals are doing great!).

pH being low isn't really bad, a very minor problem in the scope of thing..my stays low most of the time, about once a month a add a half dose of reef builder to bump pH and alk.

Back