Warning to current and future GDM owners

twistoflime

Market
Reaction score
When you get a golden dwarf moray, or any eel for that mtter, the whole top of the tank needs to be covered. On Friday I came home from school to find mine on the floor, dead. He got out of a 1/4" opening in my tank cover. So a warning to any future GDM owners, make sure the WHOLE TOP OF THE TANK IS COVERED.

R.I.P Jee :sad:

Awe, sorry to hear that :( Live and learn, I suppose.

But that is why I won't own one.. I am sure that he'd find somewhere to escape.

Sorry. Dont get discouraged, just get started on designing a dependable top.

Sorry to hear. Same thing happened to my snowflake back in the day.

I feel your pain. I just lost my second carpet surfing Scissor Tail Goby out of my 100 gallon. Just finishing up a mesh cover for it. Now my beautiful rimless 100 has an ugly top on it!:doh:

I hope something everybody believes is that ANY fish will jump, with the exception of seahorses. Having an open top without an enclosed canopy or top is asking for it. And who knows what will cause a fish to jump.

Sorry to hear about your eel. ALL eels are heavy escape artists, and you need to do EVERYTHING possible to try to keep them contained.

ouch... I remember my jumper from months ago... my six-line popped out...

He and a royal gramma used to hang out together near the top of the tank, and for the next couple weeks, the gramma would stay up there by himself, almost as if looking out the glass waiting for the 6-line to come back (my wife's description).

Back