Watermelon Horizons Help Please

schwimmair

Market
Reaction score
Reefers, I have a Horizons question. My Horizons recently have started to not open up at all. One has some brown stuff covering it as well. Everything else is thriving in the tank, the only things I can think of is that I replaced a old 14K bulb with a new 10K bulb, and I placed a Candy Cane within a couple of inches from it (Candy Cane is now in a different place) does anybody think that this could be the cause. Please also confirm that these are Horizons, I am a Noob!

Thanks

Adam
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
335794=16583-Horizons.jpg
>
335794=16583-Horizons.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Horizons.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

I can't help you with the name. Do you have a picture of the "brown stuff"? Is it an algae or something growing over the zoos? If so, I have had luck with siphoning off the overgrowth. Also, sometimes Zoos close for days on end if they have been physically attacked (by your candy cane for example), moved or other changes in your tank. Do you have any other zoos that are opening after the bulb change? Was the bulb new or used?

Hi, the bulb is 2 weeks old. All the other Zoo's and frags are thriving. The "brown stuff" algae is now gone and it looks like part of the skirt is sticking up out of the top. When I turn on the light they perk up but never open up. Here is a pic of them now.

Thanks for the help,

Adam
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
336310=16614-Horizons 2.jpg
>
336310=16614-Horizons 2.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Horizons 2.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

What is a Horizon???

Looks like Zoanthids to me.

What's your alkalinity? That can peeve zoas if the alk is low.

Jenn

Back