wave maker and Koralia?

krb

Market
Reaction score
Is there a controller that works with the koralia powerheads?

Not something you want to do. They are not made for wavemakers. Only power head out side of the high dollar Tunzes are the Maxi jets. Will bring them to a premature death according to others.

The Seio Controller will work with them. And I haven't read of any premature deaths...yet.

Here's the rub: It's more of a surge maker rather than a wavemaker. All powerheads connected to it are controlled the same. You would need one for each powerhead to make any waves. And they aint cheap.

I don't know if it's a design thing or just my two, but the Model 1 *never* clacks on startup whereas the Model 3 almost always rattles for 1-3 seconds. Perhaps the compact design of the Model 1 would lend itself better to wave making.

Dakota;76058 wrote: The Seio Controller will work with them. And I haven't read of any premature deaths...yet.

Here's the rub: It's more of a surge maker rather than a wavemaker. All powerheads connected to it are controlled the same. You would need one for each powerhead to make any waves. And they aint cheap.

I've also heard rumors of Koralia coming out with a controller soon. I would imagine it'll be cheaper than the Seio.

dawgdude;76190 wrote: Well for the moment I doubt it because the rumors of them being sued for copyright infringment sound pretty real. ALL of the wholesalers are sold out and dont know when they will get more.

That's the first I've heard of a lawsuit- I can't seem to find any credible info online. If it's true, I hope they win. I mean, how can you patent a propeller on a motor shaft?

Is the lawsuit for copyright infringement or patent infringement? Seems to me that the latter is more likely.

I have my patent attorney (also sometimes affectionately referred to as "dad") looking into the lawsuit. He does a lot of business in Europe so he has resources to find out if a suit has been filed.

Back