Wavemaker.

DavidinGA;993726 wrote: Jebao wp60's here because they are $65 vs a $675 vortech mp60

On that note...are the Jebao sets quality</em>? I am looking at these now.

Shane

P.S. Also, does Jebao make a 2-pump controller? I have only seen single pump models, so far...

I must be looking in the wrong place. DO you know the model number for the multi-pump controller?

Edit: Oh I think I saw it now. The description says that one controller can link up to 8 units - so each pump comes with a controller, that controller sets it's pump's output GPH, but the master controller controls the wave function, that is cool.

Available on Amazon too

&lt;a href=&quot;
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HQDI1M8/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_l-tuub1JDYQH3
"&gt;
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HQDI1M8/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_l-tuub1JDYQH3
</a>

sigshane;993740 wrote: On that note...are the Jebao sets quality</em>? I am looking at these now.

Shane

P.S. Also, does Jebao make a 2-pump controller? I have only seen single pump models, so far...

Quality is not on the same level (obviously), but even if the Jebao only lasted a year you could buy a brand new one every year and it'd take 10 years to spend what one vortech costs (and you know it won't last ten years anyway).

Let's not pretend the only difference between jaebo and Vortech is how long they're going to last...

tonymission;993752 wrote: Let's not pretend the only difference between jaebo and Vortech is how long they're going to last...
Right.

There is also that small difference in the vortech costing 10x more!!

DavidinGA;993759 wrote: Right.

There is also that small difference in the vortech costing 10x more!!

Yeah that's it. :)

Does the mp40 equivalent really cost $40ish dollars? Let's be honest, very few people need an mp60.

Fusion integration, no wires in the tank, modular part replacement, awesome customer service, non-linear flow (no need to "point it"), wireless syncing, programmable everything without aftermarket hacking, battery backup support, not supporting Chinese intellectual property theft... What else? ;)

They really aren't comparable. For the price, I think jaebo provides pretty good value and does the job for a lot of people. Just don't try to tell me they're the same thing sans the price. They just aren't.

If you had millions and millions of dollars... You wouldn't buy a vortech??

Ecotech Vortech and Tunze. Best companies for in tank flow, hands down.

tonymission;993761 wrote: Yeah that's it. :)

Does the mp40 equivalent really cost $40ish dollars? Let's be honest, very few people need an mp60.

Fusion integration, no wires in the tank, modular part replacement, awesome customer service, non-linear flow (no need to "point it"), wireless syncing, programmable everything without aftermarket hacking, battery backup support, not supporting Chinese intellectual property theft... What else? ;)

They really aren't comparable. For the price, I think jaebo provides pretty good value and does the job for a lot of people. Just don't try to tell me they're the same thing sans the price. They just aren't.

If you had millions and millions of dollars... You wouldn't buy a vortech??

"Fusion integration, no wires in the tank, modular part replacement, awesome customer service, non-linear flow (no need to "point it"), wireless syncing, programmable everything without aftermarket hacking, battery backup support, not supporting Chinese intellectual property theft... What else? ;)"

That all sounds good but at the end of the day most</em> reefers are more concerned with #1 Cost and #2 performance. Jebao does it cheaper and arguable pretty darn good for moving big gph.

If I had untold millions I "might" buy a vortech, but more than likely I would have some absurdly massive sps setup with an absolutely sick closed loop system that drop-in wavemakers could never even begin to be in the same league with. :shades:

Drop-in wavemakers are for us poor folk who can't really do it right. ;)

tonymission;993761 wrote: .. not supporting Chinese intellectual property theft...

THIS.

This is a huge issue that's hurting legitimate companies and ultimately, the consumers. And it's only getting worse.

DavidinGA;993764 wrote: "Fusion integration, no wires in the tank, modular part replacement, awesome customer service, non-linear flow (no need to "point it"), wireless syncing, programmable everything without aftermarket hacking, battery backup support, not supporting Chinese intellectual property theft... What else? ;)"

That all sounds good but at the end of the day most</em> reefers are more concerned with #1 Cost and #2 performance. Jebao does it cheaper and arguable pretty darn good for moving big gph.

If I had untold millions I "might" buy a vortech, but more than likely I would have some absurdly massive sps setup with an absolutely sick closed loop system that drop-in wavemakers could never even begin to be in the same league with. :shades:

Drop-in wavemakers are for us poor folk who can't really do it right. ;)

Well I'm a 33 year old dad with 2.9 kids and a wife who doesn't work so I can't claim to be rich... But I do know that my 5 mp40s and 3 mp10s cost more than an elaborate CL setup would typically cost. I feel like I'm doing it right even if I end up severely disillusioned in the end. It's a sacrifice I've made to protect and grow my investment (my sticks).

I'd go with the Jebao RW series. I have two RW-8's in my 120 and don't run them anywhere close to max power. They come with a controller so it has all of the wave abilities out of the box at 10% of the cost of vortech or tunze equivelants and as far as I can tell, are solidly built - not that it matters at this cost. I will say the RW-8s are significantly quieter than MP40s and draw a similar undertoe.

As for the comment on Chinese intellectual property theft, I wouldn't worry about it. Any Chinese company that imports into the US is liable for patent infringement under section 271 of title 35. Seeing as there are no lawsuits pending and the US is still importing these items, it doesn't look like any laws have been broken.

Bassett22;993773 wrote: You're paying for luxury! Which is fine, but do not confuse luxury with quality. You do not need 5 MP40s and 3MP10s no matter what type of tank you have! You can, and poeple have, kept the exact same systems for years with seios and modified maxi-jets, constant running tunzes work just fine, wave makers and gyre generators are all just fancy luxuries that people buy because they like to have the coolest of the cool.

To be clear I do have 3 tanks so that's spread out. And I definitely wasn't saying it was needed just arguing that the products aren't equal. I can admit that I think the vortech is overpriced but I also think it's the best in its space and I guess they name their price. Im ok with that.

10-20 years ago there was no such thing as high end acro tanks either... At least I've not been able to find any evidence of that regardless of what the old school reefer would want me to believe. Maybe high end for the time but no one was keeping pc supermans and orange passions back then. :)

This is like arguing that a Kia can get me to work for much less than an Audi. Sure it can but don't try to tell me they're the same cars. :D

Just curious if anyone using a Jeboa has had one fail. I know I was using one for about a year before I sold it and did not have a problem. I had two vortech wetsides blow up on me in the year before that.

I've got the dual controller 25's on my 90 gallon tank and they move water around pretty darn well. I'm sure vortex makes a great pump however at the end of the day it's about blowing water around in a glass box. My sticks are growing very well, I've had them several months. They have various settings, speed, pulse wave, alternating back and forth bla bla bla. They will need to be cleaned every 4-6 weeks in a vinegar bath to keep them at peak performance. I bought them brand new for 125ish (I think) and when/if they break I'll buy new ones. 300-600 for a pump to blow water around is not in my tax bracket brother. Buy the jabeo and put your money in lights and skimmer

Back