Welcome to the new site!!!

I had to reset my password to get into the new site. WOW the site is screaming fast. Great job on this site update.

Yes, as stated, everyone will need to reset their passwords. They are hashed and don't come over in the conversion.

The hashing was one of the things that was a topic about adding Tapatalk and whether or not they are accessible to hackers. Leo will be better able to answer whether or not they are accessible at the database level but within the admin panel they are not. They can only be manually reset there but not visible.

Now that we're off the old site I'll reveal the big hole there. The WordPress site allowed html code to be written into posts, I believe the old version of vBulletin allowed it too, Xenforo does not allow that. Having that ability allowed hacker to take over the whole site within seconds from what I'm told. The thing is, that even with that vulnerability nothing that we're aware of ever happened. In addition to that we don't store any personal for users, email addresses is about it. All payments are handled off site, so there's nothing to worry about there. The big thing is that it would be a pain in the butt for us fixing things if something malicious happened.

Minor thing: Loading a profile image works but the preview doesn't show up in the loading pop up. I tried a few times with different image types of all 200x200. Finally gave up and low and behold... it did load you just don't get a confirmation message or an image preview.
Yes - it's a bug. Fixed in 2.X

Great work fellas. lmm, this is great! I've found my new posts button and will be using it frequently!

Maybe the title of this thread should be "Welcome to the Fastest reef web site", The Atlanta Reef Speed Freaks - Fastest Reefers on the Planet!

I am a paid member and my membership is good through 11/29/18 but I am not able to create new posts in this section. Could you please help?

I am a paid member and my membership is good through 11/29/18 but I am not able to create new posts in this section. Could you please help?

Hello Robert. You have two accounts and one is setup. PM'ing you now.

**Edit**In talking with Robert we decided to delete the roberthu acct as the post above was the only one made from that acct. The other account he has is the one that he's done all his posting in and is setup as a supporting member.
I left the above post in place to test the behavior when an acct is deleted and there are post(s) to the site in the acct.

Last edited:
Back