Well Flatworm Exit IS NOT

""The product was the problem even if it was the worm juice that killed the fish. It probably was the worm dieoff but I mean the product caused the worm juice""

Excuse me if I am wrong,But the reason anyone would use this product is to kill the worms in the first place.The worms are going to release toxins in your water no matter how they die whether it is with this medication or without!

gmanjeep;65230 wrote: ""The product was the problem even if it was the worm juice that killed the fish. It probably was the worm dieoff but I mean the product caused the worm juice""

Excuse me if I am wrong,But the reason anyone would use this product is to kill the worms in the first place.The worms are going to release toxins in your water no matter how they die whether it is with this medication or without!

I disagree. If a natural predator is used the flatworms will be killed off at a slower rate which allows the toxins to be removed before doing harm. Because this product killed off such a large amount of flatworms instantly it probably cause a spike in toxins and possibly ammonia.

There was no ammonia spike....as a matter of fact..I had very little die off of flatworms at all......I only had a bottle that had less than a third of it left...The whole bottle treats 300 gallons.....thats the size of my system.....so the amount used was only enough to treat less than a 100G......

As I stated, I have over 15 fish in the tank....none other than Bulldog was effected....If the toxins were so great to kill Bulldog, then why were the others not effected? I relate this incident to the likes of the Ga Aquarium and the whale sharks....They added chemicals, and then Ralph and Norton deaths seem to relate to the use of those chemicals....The whole tank was treated in both cases...Only the chemical seemed to attack only the whale sharks....much like this freaking chemical seems to attack only wrasses.....Cause no other species was effected.

I maybe wrong, but I doubt it.....either way. I still have flatworms. and I have one less fish because of my actions......

Bulldog can't be replaced..however to fill the void of his passing. I have added a new member to the reef..

Big Blue the Niger Trigger is now residing on the reef and playing with his new friends.... He is pretty big!

After all that fish went through? Darn the luck. Good luck with the trigger.

Thanks....he is cool...never had one before..He kind of spits....and he tears up the mysis shrimp......

Sorry to hear about this Todd. I feel bad as I think I'm the one that gave you the flatworm exit. I've used it several times before with no ill side effects. Losing any fish is hard,let alone one as beautiful as Bulldog. Again, sorry to hear about the loss.

-Andy

Not those kind of worms assault.....I have Flat worms, not bristle worms.(well I have those as well, but they are good)

Andy......not your fault....it's mine.. don't feel bad.

Back