Well i think my new filled 125 has a leak

Maybe the initial wetness was rom drawing out remaining water from the bottom plate and now it is dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im seriously hoping that is the case. I left the towel in place and will check it in the afternoon when i get home

I have seen water and salt creep do some incredible baffling things. Fingers crossed that this is the case here. Keep in mind that it absolutely could be water that was on the bottom plate. If you take a paper towel and dip it into a 1 ml drop, it can wick up and look like a lot of water. I forgot to add that the "negative" test I did started with a wet paper towel that looked like a leak and just didn't grow and dried out on it's own after a day or two.

I have seen water and salt creep do some incredible baffling things. Fingers crossed that this is the case here. Keep in mind that it absolutely could be water that was on the bottom plate. If you take a paper towel and dip it into a 1 ml drop, it can wick up and look like a lot of water. I forgot to add that the "negative" test I did started with a wet paper towel that looked like a leak and just didn't grow and dried out on it's own after a day or two.

Just have to "I forgot to add" LOL. I have my fingers crossed. I went and wrapped towels around almost half my tank this morning before I left for work.
I'm still worried but again I'm a pessimist. After the first paper towel test lest night I had resigned myself to purchasing a new tank . Aqueons warranty wants you to send the tank back before a new one is sent. Would not work for me, Ill just get a Reef Ready unit if there is a next time soon or later.
We will see what the verdict is when i get home this afternoon.

Terrific news. I know this has been in and on your mind for a week now and I'm glad it's working out.

Yea I was soo stressed there for a bit. Went to the LFS and got myself a Ultra Rock Flower Anemone. I think they are so cool. Going to get more later. Crap phone pic under blues.
4a26dce197a823c69955ee1c65cc9050.jpg

Back