What’s your favorite tang

Jeremey’s reef

Reaction score
I have a genuine love for the look of a purple tang and is my favorite of all tangs. I feel that the Gem is beautiful but way too pricey for my wallet at this moment in time. I also have taken a liking to the yellow and blue hippo tangs. If I had to name them in a top 5 bracket it would go as so. #1 purple tang #2 Gem Tang #3 Blue Hippo Tang #4 Yellow Tang #5 unicorn Tang

If tank size was no issue I would have a purple and gem tang
Likewise brother, what would be an appropriate tank size for those two and a yellow tang in your opinion. As these three are of the same zebrasoma genus it is best to add them in at odd numbers and at the same time as I was told

My new favorite is unicorn tang, super active and full of personality.
Here is my list for favorites:
1. Unicorn
2. Naso
3. Gem / Purple (both are awesome looking with similar personality )
4. Blue Hippos (funniest tang out of all, they play dead or hide in rock tightest spaces even when it’s too small for them to fit in it)
5. Powder blue (would be #1 if it wasn’t such a bully)

Tomini tang - They really are a pleasant color, they eat film algae and are active little buggers. Plus, they're on the small side and can be reasonable kept in something as small as a 70g setup. I keep them because they are really good workers (eating film algae) but they also eagerly accept most foods. I was a little worried when I discovered that they don't really go for the dry seaweed like most tangs but they really like the different prepared algae based food that you can buy to make sure they get a good variety of nutritious food. I swore off tangs after I made the oh-so-common error of getting a blue tang, putting it in a too small system and not feeding it properly. HLLE ended up killing it and I can only blame myself.

Back