What’s your favorite tang

Tomini tang - They really are a pleasant color, they eat film algae and are active little buggers. Plus, they're on the small side and can be reasonable kept in something as small as a 70g setup. I keep them because they are really good workers (eating film algae) but they also eagerly accept most foods. I was a little worried when I discovered that they don't really go for the dry seaweed like most tangs but they really like the different prepared algae based food that you can buy to make sure they get a good variety of nutritious food. I swore off tangs after I made the oh-so-common error of getting a blue tang, putting it in a too small system and not feeding it properly. HLLE ended up killing it and I can only blame myself.
I did that thing where you put a tang in a system that's to small.... Saturday..lol . Actually it's the smallest tomini I've ever seen maybe a inch and a half .. and the wife said " well get a bigger tank " so there's that. It's going to town on the algae non stop. It's also eating bits of mysis , a clump of reef roids I was feeding the new acans , and a pellet I dropped in for the shrimp. It zooms around in and out if the reef doing tang things all day .

Kole tang and mimic lemon peel are my faves. Both super active and have quirky weirdo personalities. I wish I could keep both in my 90, but I went with the kole.

Hippo tangs are also up there for me. The flapping and bouncing when they swim cracks me up, along with the wedging themselves wherever.

I feel like I need a second aggressive tank just so I can keep these ding dongs along with my favorite wacky triggers and puffers. NO. ONE TANK ONLY.

Kole tang and mimic lemon peel are my faves. Both super active and have quirky weirdo personalities. I wish I could keep both in my 90, but I went with the kole.

Hippo tangs are also up there for me. The flapping and bouncing when they swim cracks me up, along with the wedging themselves wherever.

I feel like I need a second aggressive tank just so I can keep these ding dongs along with my favorite wacky triggers and puffers. NO. ONE TANK ONLY.
About ever 3 days I have a new reason for a new tank

No order here for me either.

Shoal
Purple
Fowleri (But I don't want a 15-20" fish, even in the tank I'm planning.)
Achilles
Yellow Belly Regal (Goofy fish. Same as Blue in the rock too)
Naso (Blonde or not)

I could keep going... I love most of them. lol

my favorite tangs would have to be the yellow tang the naso tang and the blue regal tang

Shoal for me. Just saw one at Nemo Duluth and the warning signs were going off in my head to get out before I make an impulsive buy lol

I have these guys:
Yellow-eyed Kole - Scrappy
Blue (in hypo QT, still a 2" baby) - Scooby
Mimic/chocolate (in hypo QT) - Shaggy

My favorites, in order:
Achilles
Mimic
Powder Brown
Naso
Blue (Regal)
Purple

I used to have a powder brown (until about 9 months ago), but he was stung one night by a long tentacle nem (not the one I sold to Tony). He died in QT of complications from the sting (secondary infection/trauma). That nem got sucked into one of my Wav pumps before I learned that powerheads were nem killers (they have guards now).

Anyway, I love tangs! I am upgrading my 150g system to something bigger soon for my tang gang's benefit. I want to add a zebrasoma (purple), but I am max-tang'ed right now in my 150g system. I am thinking of what dimensions I want for my Tangk (not a typo, lol). Maybe a fat, 8'x6'x2.5' tank to allow for plenty of swim room (circles or length).

Well I have 4 of my five faves!
Clown! (I know someday it will go loco on me, but it plays nicely with others for the time being.)
Purple! (Least aggressive in the tank)
Yellow shoulder! (great personality, eats sand and poops it out all day long)
Powder blue! (Spouse loves it, and it really is so cool)
I love the Achilles, but that gets a little pricey. And sure, gem is cool looking, but its price is way out of proportion to its coolness. Purple is the more gorgeous, honestly.

Well I have 4 of my five faves!
Clown! (I know someday it will go loco on me, but it plays nicely with others for the time being.)
Purple! (Least aggressive in the tank)
Yellow shoulder! (great personality, eats sand and poops it out all day long)
Powder blue! (Spouse loves it, and it really is so cool)
I love the Achilles, but that gets a little pricey. And sure, gem is cool looking, but its price is way out of proportion to its coolness. Purple is the more gorgeous, honestly.
I love purple tangs and I am considering a clown for my new build

Back