What are the best aquarium stores in the Atlanta area and why?

That is what I was thinking. I was looking to visit
The Fish Store - Atlanta​

It's a cool store, very industrial and no nonsense, a bit chaotic. It's quite the difference when compared to the showroom style of something like Pure Reef. You'll certainly spend more time searching around to find what you're looking for but I find that's part of the charm and experience. It really just depends on what you're looking to get out of it.

You get what you pay for
I agree, but the prices have doubled in a short time! Seems like every one is taking advantage of things nowadays. If thing progress as they are, many will get out of the hobby. I myself don't buy as much as I did just a couple of years ago. Fresh water tanks may make a comeback! I loved my African Rift Lake Cichlids!

Atlanta Aquarium is great, tons of higher end corals typically. Reef Shac is another good one for coral. Optimum is good too, Greg the owner will sometimes let you put in fish orders if you ask and you can get harder to find stuff that way.

Pure Reef for cleanliness, Nemo's for price, Premier Aquatics For tanks and livestock options, Reef Shac has good prices. Lots of great things to say about all of them

You get what you pay for
On fish, and pretty much only fish really, I disagree. You really should be running a QT on everything, so if it looks outwardly healthy then run it through TTM and maybe some prazi just to be safe and carry on. I mostly have had all of my fish drop shipped from ORA, the two that I bought from stores were from Nemos but I'm sure ick at a minimum is endemic across the retail stores. Whether or not Ich becomes an issue for you or not would really be a matter of chance regardless of source if not QTing.

Corals are tougher to really be sure about when it comes to health, QT, and pest treatment. Such a large number of pests have eggs that are effectively indestructible that price shopping alone is rolling the dice.

Off my soapbox, carry on.

Pure Reef for cleanliness, Nemo's for price, Premier Aquatics For tanks and livestock options, Reef Shac has good prices. Lots of great things to say about all of them
Sometimes when I see these posts over🤔 and over I wonder if people who run the pet shops , are posting what is the nicer store ? who has the better prices? 🙄

I had an most excellent experience at Atlanta Aquarium recently. Best price on a HD 64, $80 store credit and a great attitude crashing in at store closing.

Back