What are the wierdest things you .....

ga-peaches72

Market
Reaction score
What are the wierdest things you ever found in your tank? That is that you didnt go out and buy.

I just found one of those blue, black and white slug things. I cant remember their names. Also a urchant of some kind. Not sure what kind it is not sure if it is reef safe. The time I tured on the lights it ran away pretty fast.

I have not added anything other than a fish for a couple of months.

DT's is great for the store-bought feathers, so is "coral frenzy".

I saw some really cool pink snails, I'll have to see if I can't find some more.

Also a harmless flatworm that eats copepods and cruises around the glass looking for them -- it's pretty neat looking.

Nothing really, I found my hand in my tank.. I didnt buy it so that counts.

I found a part of a fossilized shark tooth. Nothing creepy or crawly odd as I tend to sterilize my rocks before they go into the tank.

This is really cool. But I know there has to be more. Come on there has to be more.

Barbara I have some of the feather dusters like you are talking about also. They do seem to grow really fast dont they. mine has gone from the size of the top of a pen to the size of quarter.

I never thought that sponges would grow fast and spread like wild fire. I went from having two to about ten now.

That snail you were talking about is that the ones that look like they are on the half shell?

How can you tell if a urchant is reef safe?

Between a couple of rocks in a shaded area I found a really interesting bright yellow sponge. Not the brown and grey kind that we generally see, but one that forms a lattice. It has grown in between rocks and even started to make its way onto a few sub-substrate items in the vicinity.

I found
showthread.php

I think that is the craziest thing I have ever seen. Glad I have not found any thing like that in mine. My husband would make me get rid of the tank if we had any. He hates the hole idea of worms, eels, or any kind of snakes.

<span style="font-family: Verdana;">Yea, this was when I was cycling my second tank. About a week and a half into I was checking the tank at night and I see this “shoe lace” extending about a foot between two rocks :eek: . I got my trusty tongs and pulled it out to discover this worm. Took the pictures and let it get back to the sea :lol2: .</span>

I found http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16426">this</a>
I've found a hairy fish eating crab
some dusters and sponge.

Can't say that I blame you on that. I dont know if I would of put my hand in there with that.lol

Barbara;191540 wrote: ..., crab with black tipped pinchers (haven't seen him recently.....),

I would be looking for this crab intensely, most crabs with black tipped pinchers are BAD

I have about 20 of those in my tank. It is like every couple of days I find more and more babies. I think I am infested with them.

Back