What Brand of Salt would you recommend?

Cameron;61112 wrote: IMO, quality salt companies are rarely and I mean very rarely responsible for serious problems with a tank. This is one of the more argued points from time to time, but you will find that any major salt manufactorer produces salt pretty much as good as the next. There are some variances here and there, but most times there is a problem with a tank and salt is blamed it can likely be tracked to another source as well. That said, it doesn't hurt to test incoming salt water from new salt buckets just to be safe.

IO and RC are probably the widest used aquarium salt out there and viturally everyone who uses the salt believes it to be a quality brand. I have read some minor dings, but I have heard the same things with practically every brand out there.
I agree. Seachem actually had a recall on their reef salt. I think I got one of the recall buckets and sent a sample to them to be tested.

I am using Tropic Marin Pro Reef... I recently switched from Instant Ocean... I am liking the new salt, it may be me but I see better polyp extention.

(plug) Sammy at Aquabuys sells it for $62.10 to club members!!!

Interesting new test for debate!

a>

Back