what could have happened?

bcrueter

Market
Reaction score
I need some expert advice .tank is an 8gal nano cube all peramiters were great went to lfs got rodi did water change of 1gal like I do every week I checked the salinity b4 and after was no change within hours all my mini misleged stars were dead and my charab angel is floting at the top.still breathing but lost most its color. Sexy shrimp,vitals,and anthia look as if nothing is wrong... What should I check in the water I did not use to see if it was spiked? Any ideas what happened? Tank has been up for a yr now with original inhabidance I can't check perams till morning but salt where its been for yr oh yea and no temp swing or oh swing. I think it was th rodi water but no clue how

Why don't u keep comments to yourself if you don't have anything helpfull to say. Auto correct sucks sometimes and I don't catch all the changes kinda looking for help not dumb comments about word changes

Sorry for your lose. Could be lots of things but, until you can check the water it would be purely guessing and do no good. Do you have your own test kits or rely on the LFS? If you don't have them, I would recommend you get some and do your own tests on a regular basis.

bcrueter;782817 wrote: Why don't u keep comments to yourself if you don't have anything helpfull to say. Auto correct sucks sometimes and I don't catch all the changes kinda looking for help not dumb comments about word changes

I make mistakes and spelling mistakes all the time, I just couldn't understand your post....try punctuation......

I would love to help....

Can't we all just get along. LOL Seriously thought, Ralph (mysterybox) can be a big help to you. You just sometimes need to have thick skin but deep down inside he is a marshmallow. :)

Hey man not to be mean but that's a large number of fish for a nano and fish that don't go in a nano.

I'm thinking the bioload got to the fish and possibly the lack of oxygen

Once you get paeans check ASAP. Sorry to hear either way

I've never have had the need I test ph,temp and salinity.any other changes I can tell by watching my frogspaun.but I think something was in the water that a test won't show

Well, it sounds like you are a lot smarter than us then. Most of us need to have some assitance. But let us know what you find out.

RO... publix.... there machines are maintenanced bi weekly and also cheaper then most lfs as far as what happened how do you mix you salt?

I'm sorry I'm just really upset right now these fish are like my babies. My bio load is not to high there are two fish and they are the size of my thumb nail I hatched them in this tank and when they do get bigger they were going in my 150 like all the other fish I have done this with. Plus with weekly w/c I don't think that was it

Edit: I just buy it pre mixed I'm lazy like that

bcrueter;782810 wrote: I need some expert advice .tank is an 8gal nano cube all peramiters were great went to lfs got rodi did water change of 1gal like I do every week I checked the salinity b4 and after was no change within hours all my mini misleged stars were dead and my charab angel is floting at the top.still breathing but lost most its color. Sexy shrimp,vitals,and anthia look as if nothing is wrong... What should I check in the water I did not use to see if it was spiked? Any ideas what happened? Tank has been up for a yr now with original inhabidance I can't check perams till morning but salt where its been for yr oh yea and no temp swing or oh swing. I think it was th rodi water but no clue how
what lfs do you use?

Not a problem. I understand. But to be truthful, testing your water will tell you a lot and give you a base point to start from. Not sure who you get the water from but it could be they had a bad batch somehow. If it were me, I would test for myself and see what is up before I made any other move.

I'm sorry I'm not thinking strait it was pre mixed with salinity rodi water

Edit: I'm going to take the water I didn't use and a sample of the tank water to someone I trust tommorow I'm sorry for my tone tonight and I tank talk for the help.ill keep it posted when I know more

rdnelson99;782821 wrote: Can't we all just get along. LOL Seriously thought, Ralph (mysterybox) can be a big help to you. You just sometimes need to have thick skin but deep down inside he is a marshmallow. :)

Stop giving away my trade secrets, lol...

Back