What do I need to solve this problem?

snowmansnow

Market
Reaction score
Besides a timer
So, I’m busy. Really busy lately. And as a result I forgot to turn off my rodi and flooded the basement again.
The obvious answer is to pay attention, but what equipment can help me avoid this.
B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you could connect a float valve on it it will stop the flow once the water reaches it

Here, $25 -

This works well. We use this, as well as a float valve set up and finally leak detectors.

Hey sharis100... how long have you had this unit. I have read reviews on it, however they seem to be scattered as far as reliably goes :) In theory its a fantastic gadget.
Thanks.
B1

hey thyoid, thanks for reminding me that is there. Seems like I use to have one of those, but I'm unsure as to why I junked it... Def will check it out again. A safeguard on my top off container is a HUGE plus for me.

These are all great suggestions and I've flooded my basement a few times too. Now I set a timer on my phone and I'm committed to not shutting it off when it sounds. I've done that before too - shut the alarm off because I was in the middle of something and ended up with a mess. This might be a decent stop-gap measure while you figure out exactly how to proceed.

Fwiw,
The auto shut off kit above requires no power.

It has 71 reviews, with an average of 5 stars, which speaks for itself.

Hey sharis100... how long have you had this unit. I have read reviews on it, however they seem to be scattered as far as reliably goes :) In theory its a fantastic gadget.
Thanks.
B1
This unit has been in place and working for over 1 year on our system. Remember, we have backups with the float valve and the leak detectors as well.

Back