What do you Cover your Tanks with ??

reefstinger

Market
Reaction score
OK Folks , so whats your way of covering your Rimless and non-rimless tanks to stop your fish from Jumping out??? :huh:

Clear netting like the stuff from bulkreefsupppy.com, glass covers, and canopies. Just picked up some netting for my office tank, goes together with window screen bracing and spline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

mysterybox;949053 wrote: Figure out a way to add clips to a screen.

Hey guys I think I found some clips at Home depot!! problem is the egg crate is only 21-3/4 in wide!! i needed wider to go on my 24" x 24" cube.and still have the rimless look. :doh:

i went to home depot looking for egg crate they looked at me like i was speaking a foreign language

Qasimja;949060 wrote: i went to home depot looking for egg crate they looked at me like i was speaking a foreign language

its in the lighting section.... they call them " light diffusers".

heathlindner25;949064 wrote: its in the lighting section.... they call them " light diffusers".

thanks i will go again tomorrow

problem is they are standard size of 21-3/4 in wide x 4 ft!! not wide enough to cover my 24" cube

Qasimja;949068 wrote: thanks i will go again tomorrow

heathlindner25;949074 wrote: they should fit a 2x4 ceiling grid tile.... should be 24 inches.

Maybe but they measure 21-3/4 " wide?? unless i got a bad pice?? but then again the barcode sticker show the 21-3/4 x 4 ft on it

They are made to fit a light fixture that fits inside a 2x4' tile section. The fixture diffuser area is narrower than the tiles.

im using black egg crate from LFS which measures 23 1/2" wide which is just enough to sit on the inside rim of my cube.

fishtank;949085 wrote: im using black egg crate from LFS which measures 23 1/2" wide which is just enough to sit on the inside rim of my cube.

which LFS carries the black that size??:huh:

I bought a 4'x8' sheet from the fish store. Still have enough to cover your tank if you don't want to buy the whole sheet. I can hook you up or trade you for a frag of something. Its the black egg crates

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

My brother made this with clip.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
949112=53197-image.jpg
>
949112=53197-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Top view
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
949114=53199-image.jpg
>
949114=53199-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Egg crate is called light diffuser for a reason ;) make a screen lid using 1/4" clear mesh.

HiImSean;949117 wrote: Egg crate is called light diffuser for a reason ;) make a screen lid using 1/4" clear mesh.

What he said. All of my acro's started to get brown when i had eggcrate over my tank. When i switched to the screen top, within a week they all started growing better, and regaining their true colors.

I needed egg crate to create a makeshift filter sock holder my tank has screened tops

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hnguyen;949093 wrote: I bought a 4'x8' sheet from the fish store. Still have enough to cover your tank if you don't want to buy the whole sheet. I can hook you up or trade you for a frag of something. Its the black egg crates

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

what size you have left? i need at least 23-1/2 wide x 23-1/2 w
alsw what kinda of frags you looking for? i have plenty of candy cane , purple head polys

Back