What do you feed your anenome?

Mine gets food from broadcast feeding and I supplement his diet with raw shrimp. He gobbles up four a week. :)

Nothing directly. It'll eat poop and fish food that it catches from the water column.

usually just a huge chunk of larrys or a raw shrimp

t5 and led light. and the random piece of rods that floats into it. Occasionally something fancy like a copperband butterfly fish and a kole tang...the last 2 not by choice....

also have a LTA that only gets LED light and no food. it's been banished to the remote tank with no fish. I'd say it's been there 5+ months now and still looks great.

outdrsyguy1;1068778 wrote: t5 and led light. and the random piece of rods that floats into it. Occasionally something fancy like a copperband butterfly fish and a kole tang...the last 2 not by choice....

also have a LTA that only gets LED light and no food. it's been banished to the remote tank with no fish. I'd say it's been there 5+ months now and still looks great.

I see your nem has some expensive taste lol

All of the above.

They'll catch random flotsam but most anemones that have gone through my door have consumed pieces of meaty fare - shrimp, krill, silverside, etc.

Especially if they have bleached from stress or if they are kept in lesser light, they will benefit from meaty foods. When they are bleached, they can't use light as efficiently though the zooxanthellae to produce energy, so meaty foods help.

Jenn

Years ago, I strictly feed it a half of silverside at least once a week and it OUT GREW my tank.
I don't buy silversides anymore and just feed it chunks of the variety frozen food I have, Larry's, Rods, mysis, baby Krill.. And not very often, maybe twice a month.

Back