What do you feed your fish daily?

Mine eat at the old country buffet....

My tank gets pellets, flake, rods, lrf, chopped clams, brine, gut loaded mysis, selcon soaked nori, chunk silversides, veggie packs, blood worms, reef roids, and anything else to widen their diets.

I alternate what I feed, no set schedule.

Lots of skimming and gfo.

I feed 3-4 cubes in the morning (Brine, Mysis, Calanus, Seaweed Mix), 2x Garlic Seaweed during the day, 2 cubes again in the evening with Flakes every other day, Algae pellets. Once a week, a load of Reef Frenzy.

My fish eat better than many people I know. I had my entire tank on 90% New Life Spectrum pellets for years. But, the introduction of a school of 50 Anthias put an end to that. I'm burning through $300 a month in Hikari Mysis and Cyclopeze. I can't get all of them to eat pellets yet after three months. I've had to feed 4-5 times a day for the first month to make sure everyone got fat and healthy. Down to twice a day now and auto feeder spits in pellets twice a day. I must admit, there's no substitute for frozen or live food. My Anthias get insane coloration with a heavy diet of cyclopeze.

Back