What is this????

Dmac

Market
Reaction score
I just broke down my quarantine tank a week ago and set it back up. Currently it has two small clown fish in it. Today I just noticed these clear worm looking guys and I'm completely baffled as to where they came from considering nothing else has been in this tank.

Attachments

• IMG_20200701_150856.jpg
    IMG_20200701_150856.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 25
does the "whole thing" move or just the end part? (as in is the body hard or soft?)

The whole body is soft. I just don't understand how they got in the tank to begin with. There's about four of them that I can see and the longest one is over an inch long. I acclimated the fish in a separate container and only netted them into the tank

was thinking could be a feather duster, but prob is a medusa worm if whole thing is soft and "head" kinda looks like that... better pics would help :eek:)

I tried to add a better picture but my phone is having trouble focusing this close

Attachments

• 15936324832943960413840400222183.jpg
    15936324832943960413840400222183.jpg
    374.7 KB · Views: 22
If the whole body is soft, medusa worm. If you want a frag, I'll trade you for them. I like to keep them in a QT tank. The only issue I ever had was one that was being picked on. Apparently they release some sort of toxin when predated upon. I had one in my main tank that like to stay in a certain spot. I noticed a wrasse picking at it and the next day it was clearly dead as was a decent little part of the monti that was close to it. Because there was a mass of white-ish slime, I took it for some chemical warfare and let it be and thing healed up just fine, except for the worm.

But I only QT my corals and would like to have a few just to keep things interesting.

Just read up on these guys a little bit. Definitely not letting it into my DT

Back