What kind of snail is this?

rostato

Market
Reaction score
I found this guy 2 weeks ago at night in my nano, and have been trying to find him during the day ever since. So, I found it on the heater today, and snatched it up so it could not escape for pics. Now, since then it has doubled in size:confused2:

It is weird looking!, no shell, and it is in the tank with 4 crabs that have yet to kill it, so that's a little disturbing too. It looks like a big, shell less nassarius snail to me. What the hell is it? Good? Bad?

I have a vid two uploading of how fast it is if needed.

DSC00152.jpg
alt="" />
DSC00150.jpg
alt="" />

Ok, so its not going to kill anything? It is so fast and ugly I thought it may be bad. I wonder how it got in that tank. I haven't touched it in months.

Stomatella. I dont know much about them, but I have a small one that I swear mows down the algae at night on my back glass. Any yeah they are fast as heck. Good racing snails.

Big D;227822 wrote: <span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS">Looks like a Stomatella to me... they're good guys.</span>

http://www.reefcorner.com/SpecimenSheets/stomatella_varia.htm"><span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS">Link </span></a><span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS">&lt;&lt;---</span>

<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS">D</span>[/QUOTE]

yup

Ugh, I was close... You guys always rain on my parade, you could have atleast went along with it since it was good...

Back