What led pendant to use?

90gallon4me

Market
Reaction score
I'm going from a 110 tall to a 60 or 75 gallon rimless. So I'm going to change lighting. I've been using mars aqua but there are to bright to have dangling above a shallow tank.. I want more direct light. Thinking of kessil 160? What is a good not going to break the bank light?

kessil - but I wouldn't do 160. Go with the 360 or equivalent

Ok thanks for the input. I might have a chance to buy some used kessil 360.. how safe is it to buy used led lights? How long would you say kessils last?

Not to take this off the kessil topic, but I use the Aquaray AquaBeam 2000: 30 Watt Reef White NP (Nature Prefect) LED tile style lights. They have 5yr manufacturer warranty. Utilize PWM controllers. No need for fans or any cooling element and are basically waterproof. I have 3 of these in an enclosed canopy over my 75. Each light is rated as a 250 watt metal halide replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

according to kessil, they are good for 50,000 hours, which is 9 hours a day for about 15 years.

Kessil 360 all the way if you need to have it in a pendant style. The 160 are on the weak side... but depends on what you are trying to do with your tank.

I need some good clean pendants for a 75 gallon rimless. The tank is 20"deep I'm guessing the 360 would be better for a 4 foot tank..

90GALLON4ME;1105818 wrote: I need some good clean pendants for a 75 gallon rimless. The tank is 20"deep I'm guessing the 360 would be better for a 4 foot tank..

Yes for a 4 Foot 75 Gallon tank you will need 2x 360 Blue Tunas to get the proper amount of light spread/coverage for a nice reef tank.

Not sure how dead set on you are on the "pendant" style, but for the same money you would spend on the Kessil 360s you are better off getting the AI Hydra 26 HD units in my opinion. You get better a better mixture of LED nodes (much more color channels), way better control ability, built-in wireless connection, better coverage, and some of the best customer service in the industry. And the mount the exact same way the Kessils would... you can either hang them or use mounting arms that come off the back of the aquarium.

Back