• 144x24x25

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None, too long

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ptreef

Market
Reaction score
Considering several options and open to other suggestions!

I love depth but my limit is armpit deep so I went 30"x30". I was hoping to go at least 10' with my new tank but house constrictions limited me to 7'. Longer the better so you can get some big tangs!

You didn't allow multiple answers. Either of the 30".

Do you have a basement?

I really love the length too and letting my tangs have that linear swimming space. I’m highly considering the 12’ length unless it creates any problems. Otherwise I’m debating on the 24 vs 30” height and width with consideration on ease of maintenance and fit within the room itself.

As money and space don't seem to be an issue - if you're going to go 10' why not go 12'?
But just know that you'll probably have to take a sledge hammer to that bad boy if you were to ever move.

As money and space don't seem to be an issue - if you're going to go 10' why not go 12'?
But just know that you'll probably have to take a sledge hammer to that bad boy if you were to ever move.
Hey even the 144x30x31 is a few hundred pounds lighter than my last tank haha
I’m debating between 144x30x31 or 144x24x31

Don’t know how tall you are, but if you get a 30inch tall tank, we will buy you an honorary ‘soggy pits club’ t-shirt! 😂

my tank is 96x30x25. If I had the option to do it over again I would have gone 120x30x30. My tank is built into a wall and the 25” height while good for light depth and reachability does not look as good as some of the taller tanks I have had in the past.

Haha I managed to work in my 36” tall tank, just need a good pair of grabbers!

Most likely going with glass cages
I could’ve went longer but I just chose the 8 foot length for now, I do truly enjoy the 36 inch height ! mine is mostly a fish tank and the 36 inch depth is incredible,

Personally I like being able to reach down to the bottom of the tank without having to take my shirt off. My tank is 25" deep and I find that is about the deepest I can easily reach by just rolling up my sleeves.

I would go with either the 144x24x25 or the 144x24x31. The 12' length gives larger fish plenty of room to swim. I think the 31" wide one is nice because it gives you more real estate and lets you keep plenty of space between the walls and the rocks without having to scale back your aquascape. My tank is 24" wide and it really impacts how much rock I can get in the tank while leaving room on all sides to clean the glass.

I would do either a peninsula or in wall installation so I and my guests could view both sides of the tank and I would of course place corals on both sides. This also doubles the length that fish are able to continuously swim in the tank without having to turn around.

Honestly there is no wrong answer here. Any one of those tanks will make for an amazing reef tank. Please consider doing a build thread if you have the time. I would love to see how it all unfolds!

I went with a sheet of plywood as the footprint for my tank. 8'x4'x29" the 29" is a good balance in the height. I can reach everything and it's not so short that it looks squatted. The water level running is 26.5". I would have gone longer but there is a beam overhead and it would have been real difficult to do the canopy needing to work around it.

Back