What temp do you keep your tank?

That's fine and wont hurt the coral. 79.4 is a little high IMO only because it leaves less room for error if a/c goes out or something like that. I usually run about 77-78. My heaters cut off at 77.5 but can swing up to 78.5 with the pump heat pretty easily during the day if I leave the a/c a few degrees higher while I'm at work.

Usually 77-78. I need to get a fan for my new tank as temps have been creeping with these warmer temperatures lately.

Yes.

Seriously though, I think everything is set to 78° and I have fans that kick on when it gets to 80° I just checked and my frag tank is between 77° and 78°. It gradually fluctuates through out the day between the two.

I keep mine at 80 year-round, seems to help some of the shallow water acros out a bit. that may not be the case, but they did well for me. LPS? Not so much. Some LPS will tolerate warmer water, but as a rule they like cool water. 75-78 for LPS to be fully happy in my tanks.

Ok. Had to recalibrate my temp prob. Was about 3 degrees high. Was reading 79 at 76. I used three points of reference and averaged them out. Then programmed it prob to that reading. Don’t have a calabrated temp gauge.

Back