What the heck is this ???

It doesn't move ? It's just attached in this crack ..lol but ok. Are they useful or just a thing .

Yeah the snail just makes its home in one spot. People don't like them bc they send out a mucus trail to get it's food and it bothers some corals. They can get out of hand with how fast the reproduce. So it's all up to you. The way I deal with them is if I see them I super glue the tube if I can take out the rock or whatever they are on. I haven't had any on something that I couldn't remove. Other people just break them off with a pair of tweezers.

It doesn't move ? It's just attached in this crack ..lol but ok. Are they useful or just a thing .
Some people see them as an annoyance. They are harmless, but can start to multiply in annoying numbers. Although it's called a snail, it doesn't actually move, it lives inside the hard tube and feed on particles in the water column. They are a sign of a healthy, thriving tank.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I crush them when I see them. I've always had some in the tank and never used to do anything about it unless their slime web was disturbing a coral. I changed my tune when I saw a tank or two that was overrun with the dang things. I figured it's better safe than sorry and get rid of them when I can.

Iv seen some tanks over run with them so I remove or glue them if I notice any on corals I purchase. They are usually to the side of the tube so you want to remove the whole pile if that makes sense and not just the tube portion.

Back