What to do when large plug is blocking other plug sockets???

project1004

Supporting
Reaction score
I was wondering what are some ways or tips for getting my energy bar opened up for full usage.
As you can see from the picture, Large plugs (left bottom and right side bottom) is huge. And is blocking my other plug suckets.
What do you do?

34zha4i.jpg
alt="" />

Plug a small extension cord into the EB8 and the plug the equipment into the cord. Just be carful tousle a good cord, make sure it is plugged al the way in and tie the excess up near with Velcro or something.

rdnelson99;993511 wrote: Plug a small extension cord into the EB8 and the plug the equipment into the cord. Just be carful tousle a good cord, make sure it is plugged al the way in and tie the excess up near with Velcro or something.

Exactly. Also, I use a extension with 2 outlets to run both of my heaters off one port.

I have used one of these to plug in the large plug and free up space on the power strip.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
993524=57078-Stanley-Power-Cord-Extenders.jpg
>
993524=57078-Stanley-Power-Cord-Extenders.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Stanley-Power-Cord-Extenders.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

RedStang;993523 wrote: Exactly. Also, I use a extension with 2 outlets to run both of my heaters off one port.

The only draw back to that is both heaters are controlled by one outlet on the Apex. It's nice to have them individually controlled so you only run one when maintaining temp. You can do the same with the T-Stat on the heater but I would like to see how often it requires two.

I have two heater connected to one plug. You see the orange wire #3 one first EB8 that is controlling my two heater. But I am going to put one for each plug soon as I get some of those extension plugs.

Wallmart has two sections with electrical items.
They also sell an orange 3 outlet plug for $2 that is small enough to go side by side on the EB8 or use instead of an Extention cord and plug into the top.

use a knife to whittle down the plug.

just kidding..
use an extension

SnowManSnow;993542 wrote: use a knife to whittle down the plug.

just kidding..
use an extension

Hehehe.............and you can easily check for electricity by slipping a paperclip into the plug. Just kidding.......do not do any of the above!

sigshane;993639 wrote: Power Squid!

http://www.powersquid.com/bmz_cache/d/d5dbf4d81eda89c29ecb8cae3011c7a1.image.176x300.JPG" alt="" />[IMG]http://www.atlantareefclub.org//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/"></a>[/QUOTE]

Truth to be told, I believe you can control all the plug with just one EB8. Or even with Apex Jr with 4 plugs using above method. Plugging all the plugs that need to be turned off while feeding into one or two. One plug for when doing maintanance. One in case over heats ect.
But I did end up getting additional EB8 so I can automate it easier. I have few open slots so I think im good for now. :shades:

dball711;993524 wrote: I have used one of these to plug in the large plug and free up space on the power strip.

Hey Dave, where can I get these at? walmart? lol

project1004;993651 wrote: Hey Dave, where can I get these at? walmart? lol

Walmart or home depot maybe, I got mine at Radio Shack about a year ago.

Ok. I check the wal mart and homee depot!!! Those orange ones I have were not cheap.

I use the 3 prong to 2 prong adapters for things like that. Ordered like 10 on ebay for $15 and use them all over the place for those big *** plugs.

EnderG60;993677 wrote: I use the 3 prong to 2 prong adapters for things like that. Ordered like 10 on ebay for $15 and use them all over the place for those big *** plugs.

You realize that in doing so you lose your ground don't you? Would not recommend this for a grounded plug. Especially around water.

Back