What would you do with new Zoa morph?

jaustin

Market
Reaction score
I have a friend with a large patch of watermelon zoas (1000+). One day i was over checking out his tank and i noticed a new morph. The Zoa was yellow...all of it. he cut it out and put under a brighter 20K MH and it's FREEKIN BRIGHT yellow. I mean this thing could be the next Tyree zoa. I'll see if he will give me permission to post a pic. They are mounted on some frag plugs and are hopefully going to have some babies.

What would you guys do in this situation? Would you keep them and sell them on forums like R2R, here, RC, ect? What's the process in contacting Steve Tyree? This is all kinda exciting, i can't wait to see how much the go for.

you and me both! I'm not kidding when i say they are YELLOW. I've looked all over the net and i can not find a nice true yellow zoe.

I have a big bag of rubble or frag plugs and disks if you guys need any.
Good luck and ps- I wanna see them

I'd like one as well, pending price of course. I need some yellow and am still on the fence about a sun coral.

PM Rit. He would robably know what to do if you seriously want to see where you can take it.

Umm,

I have some YELLOW zoas with darker (almost orange) skirts, they're pretty common...

Pics of your zoas? These are sick yellow, the eye, skirt, ect all yellow. I doubt he will sell them for a while, they need to make yellow babies.

Just post some pic on the forums you mentioned and see what response you get.

You can take a picture of them create a name and send it in to coral pedia and they will list it. If they are really one of kind and something people want word will spread quickly.

Joe

Tyree is not the kingpin of rare zoas, at least I don't think he is. You might check out zoaid.com and try to get it named if it's really special. They have a gallery so you can see if what you have is similar morph to something that's already been named.

Here's the Zoaid.com gallery:
http://zoaid.com/index.php?module=Gallery2&g2_itemId=15">http://zoaid.com/index.php?module=Gallery2&g2_itemId=15</a>

They take a bit to get back to you. I sent in a pic once and they posted it about 3 months later.

Let them grow out for months and unleash them during tax return time like the purple hornets. HA!

index.php

Those are neat but not the same. I'll work on a pic.

Thanks for the info, i'll pass it all on.

If he is gonna sell them, I'd take one! That's awesome! How exactly do you get zoas to morph, cuz that could be my next big project!!

I <u>"heard" </u>(2nd hand) that a guy cut two zoas in half and superglued them together and it grew into one polyp of two colors.

Radha, it takes time and luck. What you need to do to improve your chances is to grow a large colny like 500+ heads and let them reproduce. With time they will morph. I've seen watermelon zoas morph twice in a month.

That's really cool! It will take some time to grow 500+ heads, but I'll try. Zoas are probably my favorite corals, and so I will gladly put aside time for them.

you may get a morph before one of your colonies raches that many but you never know.

Ok. I actually need some ID on another zoa colony, but I'll start my own thread for that. Have you ever gotten a morph before? That would be really awesome to get a morph, if you can get pics of your friend's, post them here immediatley!

Back