Whats wrong w/ my Palythoa?

nancymatthews

Market
Reaction score
Hello. I noticed my paly was looking strange after we did a 3 day blackout because of our GHA problem. The base of it looks lie it wants to come off or something. Does anyone know what's wrong with it? Thanks.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
1030597=61336-Paly problem.jpg
>
1030597=61336-Paly problem.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Paly problem.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

It might be because of the blackout period you used. If they don't have a light source they may release in search of a more suitable spot or risk dying. I've found zoas stretching 2 or 3" then reattaching to another rock near it over time.

Would a spot feeding provide it the needed nutrition to assist in reattaching itself more quickly?
I assume it would benefit from the extra energy source.

I'll spot feed it some shrimp and see. Wouldn't hurt and I'm sure it would help it. Thanks.

If you can get the rock out you can always tack it down with super glue gel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks to me like it's about to sprout some friends.

Jenn

JennM;1031717 wrote: It looks to me like it's about to sprout some friends.

Jenn

I thought that too.... Sometimes stress (like a blackout) will cause stuff to multiply.... Gotta survive! Best way to survive? Make more!

SnowManSnow;1031722 wrote: I thought that too.... Sometimes stress (like a blackout) will cause stuff to multiply.... Gotta survive! Best way to survive? Make more!

I have a paly that is being very slow to grow. Maybe I should try a blackout. Lol

Lol.
I've been watching the paly and it went back to normal. It's crazy how it can make itself do that then mend itself back together. Although it would've been cool if it did multiply because it's really slow. I even feed it shrimp a few times a week to maybe help speed up the growth but it doesn't work.

Shrimp may be to large unless your chopping it into really small pieces. Even if it appears it's rating it, it could be spitting it up later. Shrimp is to big for most our critters!

Try some smaller foods like PE Myisis, Brine or soft pellet food. Is it getting good light and flow? That Poly usually grows like a weed!

Sorry. I meant to type in mysis my last reply. I had a kid tugging at the leg at the time. My paly sits on the right side of my tank half way up. I think it gets good lighting. Its looks happy but I guess if it were happier it would growing faster.

Come see me, I'll give you some Gold Digger poly's that would look good next to that green and they will grow fast for you!

Oh and you won't find them if you google the name. I'm bad with names so I tend to name things myself, lol. But if interested PM me and I can text you a pic and address :)

Back