What's your passion?

bcavalli

Market
Reaction score
We all have hobbies and interests that we go through in phases and sometimes we find a hobby that captures our interest for longer than a fleeting moment. I've found my passion through reefing and have met amazing people through ARC. I've learned so much from those in this club that have been in it for a very lengthy amount of time. They are the ones that care so much about this hobby they are willing and able to share their expertise and knowledge they have gained over the years.

I picked this hobby because it's almost as challenging as flying RC helicopters (I've lost so many over the years through crashes or up, up and away to never be found again.) lol. This hobby has an atrician rate of about eight months. Anyone can fill a tank up with saltwater and keep coral and fish alive for a few months. However, only a few can maintain a successful tank over a year and well beyond. This hobby is exactly what the doctor ordered and I love the challenge to perfect it. I still have so much to learn and develop my skills.

So what is your passion and what drives you?

My passion........ummmmm...
For me it's all about challenges, challenging myself that is, anything to challenge my brain (and it don't take much).
I have had just about any and every hobby the average person would be into and finally ended up in saltwater where it looks like i would stay cause i keep learning everyday, even from the newbies.

Well, I kinda like doing reef systems. I been thinking about getting ant farming.
ARE YOU KIDDING, I LOVE THIS HOBBY, BECAUSE THERE'S ACROS, AND MORE ACROS, DON'T FORGET ABOUT ACROS.
And yes, I had this addiction for 10 years.:yes:

I'd have to say this hobby is my passion, and I enjoy the continuous challenge of learning new techniques, to experimenting with new equipment, and discovering the many different spieces of fish and coral. I also enjoy meeting other hobbiests who share the same passion for this hobby.

The thing that makes this hobby different is the fact that it's an art. There are thousands of ways to run a successful system, and what may work for one person could fail for another.

Fishlips;1075106 wrote: Well, I kinda like doing reef systems. I been thinking about getting ant farming.
ARE YOU KIDDING, I LOVE THIS HOBBY, BECAUSE THERE'S ACROS, AND MORE ACROS, DON'T FORGET ABOUT ACROS.

JAMES, I WAS JUST WONDERING IF YOU HAD ANY ACROS?
:whistling:

Fishlips;1075106 wrote: Well, I kinda like doing reef systems. I been thinking about getting ant farming.

I feel for your wife! Lol. There is nothing finer than a beautiful Acro! Well maybe a very nice bottle of wine comes awefully close. Hehe

Bcavalli;1075126 wrote: I feel for your wife! Lol. There is nothing finer than a beautiful Acro! Well maybe a very nice bottle of wine comes awefully close. Hehe
My Wife knows who comes first. Its shows that by the way I keep the maintenance up on the tank.:D

MYREEFCLUB0070;1075122 wrote: JAMES, I WAS JUST WONDERING IF YOU HAD ANY ACROS?
:whistling:

If I scrape the monti cap of the rocks, thats all that would be in the tank.

hmmmm
I'd say sps.
Im not an "expert", however...
I always end up gravitating toward an sps tank:)
I'm ok with keeping up with the little things until i get it right.
Just a lot of satisfaction in having a sps tank with beautiful colors:)

I'm on my way with my shallow 80g reef:) prettier every day

Yes I'm very passionate about my reef tank. SO many times I've thought about how it holds me back in other areas of interest (interested in everything). I think about how much $$$ and time put into it and still can't imagine giving it up!
I've found a few ways to cut back time on tank maintenance (thanks guys), piddle a tad less now in the tank, hired a PA to help with workload... But moved back to my lost love of riding.

One of my favorite things in life is riding on a sunny day down a beautiful, winding road, fast on my Harley :thumbs:

I'm definitely most passionate about my reefs , just ask my ex. :doh:....
I love the fish but coral is what drives my passion.
Nothing excites me more than new polyps or seeing something growing off its plug ..
I have a few other hobbies I'm pretty passionate about , some i probably shouldn't mention in public forum but reefing is the only thing I'm always down for

I'm passionate about romance novels followed by long walks on the beach and sunsets.

I hate fish.

aXio;1075296 wrote: I'm passionate about romance novels followed by long walks on the beach and sunsets.

I hate fish.

That is one sick sense of humor, that statement makes me want to vote for Trump and the commit Hari Kari.......:D

aXio;1075296 wrote: I'm passionate about romance novels followed by long walks on the beach and sunsets.

I hate fish.

be my pen pal.

please?

tell me you are a virgo. lol

aXio;1075296 wrote: I'm passionate about romance novels followed by long walks on the beach and .
Sunsets.

Amen to that ^ what about laying in a hammock gazing at the stars on a clear night?

What "drives me" the sound of my bike... She "Trigger" begs to go go go! :yes:

aXio;1075296 wrote:

I hate fish

What you say!! There SO beautiful, (kinda feel like I cheater on you) :blush: I've added 8 beautiful wrasse this week! :blush: It's the first time ever my DT has had such an amazing amount of big, beautiful, happy, free swimmers. I've always been fish poor until now and LOVE it!

Tbub1221;1075171 wrote: I'm definitely most passionate about my reefs , just ask my ex. :doh:....
I love the fish but coral is what drives my passion.
Nothing excites me more than new polyps or seeing something growing off its plug ..
I have a few other hobbies I'm pretty passionate about , some i probably shouldn't mention in public forum but reefing is the only thing I'm always down for

Oh como on! That's not fair! Give us an adult "hint"!

I love the big picture. Living art. The corals swaying to and fro in the current while stretching for bits of food. The fish darting in and out of the rocks, playing together. The shrimp scrambling around, the crazy antics of the hermit crabs. The interesting symbiotic relationships.
Being able to create your own little corner of the ocean and enjoy it everyday. Who needs tv?

Shrimpy Brains;1075322 wrote: I love the big picture. Living art. The corals swaying to and fro in the current while stretching for bits of food. The fish darting in and out of the rocks, playing together. The shrimp scrambling around, the crazy antics of the hermit crabs. The interesting symbiotic relationships.
Being able to create your own little corner of the ocean and enjoy it everyday. Who needs tv?

+111
Awesome description and exactly how I feel about it. It is my creation of living beauty!
I do not have cable TV but do have antenna, subscriptions (pay for family plans) however I cannot remember the last time I turned it on!!!

Back