When and If to Add a CR to a Nano

jonboyb

Market
Reaction score
I have a 28 gallon Nano-Cube with Halinde and Actinic lighting that I specifially built to house SPS's. I have around 20 in it right now, although about half are frag sized. My son ended up in the hospital during Thanksgiving and I wasn't able to do my normal 2-week, 5 gallon PWC, but even after 3 weeks of no maintenance (other than fresh water evap additions) my calcium still read 420+. After a 5 gallon PWC, it's usually around 425-430. I had been planing on the addition of a nano CR, but I'm not seeing any reason. I do not, nor do I plan to house clams in this tank. My magnesium also stays steady at 1400'ish.

ALso, I do not dose calcium in this tank, only PWC's using Seachem Reef Salt. On a small tank like this one, are CR's usually needed?

Dawg,
How much and how often are you dosing? Bionic 2 part?

With my calcium and magnesium rock steady, as well as my pH and alkalinity, I haven't even started dosing. Most of my SPS's are acros and montis, almost all growing steadily, so I expected to see some calcium depletion by now.....but nope???

dawgdude;249759 wrote: Yup Bionic two part and its 10 ml per day. Its pretty much only SPS frags/colonies and clams.
Same as me, 10ml. I do have 5 clams, though and about 30 different SPS. Sorry for the hijack.

Back