when last have you seen yours?

myreefclub0070

Market
Reaction score
I have this red sea star that I get a glance of every 6 months or so, I always thing he is gone but when ever I give up on seeing him, he pops out to show me he is alive.
the longest time with out seeing him was 9 months, crazy.
I think he is related to the loch nest monster, do you have a story or have you see big foot?
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
fieldset>

The tiger sport cucumber I had was that way. Wouldn't see him for a couple of months and the next thin I knew he was hanging off the power head blowing in the breeze for a couple days. LOL. One of my favorite critters.

Rich

I still have him... And see him many mornings...

Nick

when last have you seen yours?
You asking me or Rich? The answer will be the same.lol

I actually had a fire shrimp that I didn't see two minutes after I put him in the tank until I took it down 5 years later. Waste of 25 bucks.lol

grouper therapy;1062616 wrote: when last have you seen yours?
You asking me or Rich? The answer will be the same.lol

LOL. Hey! I resemble that remark!!!!

I have several in both tanks and see them every day except for my Harlequin serpent. They come out at lights out or when I feed the tank.

never had a problem spending the money for something beautiful but it hurts when they don't show some appreciation for giving them a good home by at least popping out to say hey a little more often.
boo hoo.:dunno:

I found a star fish looking thing in my filter sick tonight. About the size of my hand......

No idea where it came from, how it got in there, or that I even had one!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reminds me of the swalesi basslet I got a long time ago. Spend $100 on the **** thing, put it in the tank and never saw it again until about 18 months later when I it decided to jump out.

I used to have a small horseshoe crab. He was active and out and about for the 1st month or so, then he disappeared, so I assumed he died behind the rocks. About 4 months later, I noticed something moving under the sand and thought it looked too big to be a nassarius snail, so I dug it up, and there he was alive and well. I eventually gave him away cause I didn't see the point in keeping something i'd never see.

EnderG60;1062912 wrote: Reminds me of the swalesi basslet I got a long time ago. Spend $100 on the **** thing, put it in the tank and never saw it again until about 18 months later when I it decided to jump out.

that sounds like the worst story here: it was expensive, did nothing but hide, and then jumped out.

horseshoe crabs are the cockroaches of the ocean, they only die if they commit suicide and even then they might live through that.
after 9 months I only end up finding my sea star cause I was moving over to the new tank and I was like that's a big bristle worm and he dropped out from a rock and scared the hoot out of me.
well at least to be alive he has to be eating waste and although I don't see him I know he is doing good.

My worst was my peppermint shrimp, they would both disappear for weeks or months, and I would forget about them until I did a water change, they would show back up to see what was going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every time I read that title I think "You are getting pretty personal there.". Hehehehehe

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

rdnelson99;1071483 said:
Every time I read that title I think "You are getting pretty personal there.". Hehehehehe

It's all in your mind, don't know what your talking about......lol

jgeorge06;1071478 wrote: My worst was my peppermint shrimp, they would both disappear for weeks or months, and I would forget about them until I did a water change, they would show back up to see what was going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crazy - my peppermint shrimp scurry to the turkey baster for food every single day.

Back