When you forget to clean the algae scrubber for a month...

enderg60

Market
Reaction score
20160201_184917_zps7edgvbzs.jpg
alt="" />

:confused2:

While I know it looks worse then it is, it still reminds me of something the not-so-Great Danes threw up and I stepped in the middle of the night. It might of been a rabbit.

Yeah, I think that I would rather clean up an ATS then that mess.

(Teach me how to make this)

Hi text me 404-421-4670
I will text u some pics

Ricky5415;1070388 wrote: (Teach me how to make this)

Hi text me 404-421-4670
I will text u some pics

I'll text you in the morning. Thanks.

FF337;1070360 wrote: Teach me how to make this

Im actually in the middle of making a new one so Ill post pics when its done, there are many threads on RC also.

This is also what happens when you feed your fish like an Italian grandma.

I feed my fish twice a day and got 3 tanks hook up together so it is quite a lot. So far the ATS works so good for me on? Take me like 10days to grow more than 1 lbs of hair algae ( very hard and thick layer )

I've seen them for sale for around $30 if you don't want to diy

Hmm didnt know someone was selling premade ones. Not a bad price either. Hardest part of making these is cutting the slot in the PVC.

i can't speak to the quality of them, but it seems to be a good price so I'm thinking of ordering one

Been running one for 5 years. My scrubber works great, but I wouldn't call myself particularly successful at this game.

I've built quite a few iterations of them. You can spend anywhere from $20 to $500 building one.

If you want to buy one, look at Turbos Aquatics. He's refined his design really well over time, and puts out a solid product.

The guy (Santa Monica) who more or less started the waterfall scrubber thing has moved on to a floating, air driven "upflow" design. I didn't have much luck with that on my DIY tries, but I see good feedback on his units.

hzheng33;1070529 wrote: seems like it can be reverse engineered

the slot can be made using a dremel or table saw

Dremel takes too long. I made mine with a table saw.....and 3-4 tries

and yes you can spend a ton on these. Mine was more than $60 in fittings to collect all my drains and run them to the scrubber, then make a bypass so I can clean it without turning the tank off.

My new one will be in an enclosed cabinet by itself with LED lights....it will be more than $40

Its a simple concept that has many ways of achieving the same result. Grow algae somewhere besides in the display. Technically my frag tanks count as they do the same thing when I dont have them full of frags.

I wish I had taken a pic but I actually had bubble algae growing on the screen it was there so long.

MorganAtlanta;1070535 wrote: I've built quite a few iterations of them. You can spend anywhere from $20 to $500 building one.

I'm curious - how could you possibly spend $500 on one? Lighting it with a kessil? :lol2:

Back