When you forget to clean the algae scrubber for a month...

Crew;1070594 wrote: I'm curious - how could you possibly spend $500 on one? Lighting it with a kessil? :lol2:

Seriously....I have about $100 in plumbing parts for mine already, $200 in acrylic and $50 in wood for the cabinet and I havent even ordered the LED's or drawer slides yet.

The plight of the DIY guy. I can build that cheaper, oh I wanna do that too, oh that too, oh this will be cool, this will make things easier...wait its how much now?

EnderG60;1070604 wrote: Seriously....I have about $100 in plumbing parts for mine already, $200 in acrylic and $50 in wood for the cabinet and I havent even ordered the LED's or drawer slides yet.

The plight of the DIY guy. I can build that cheaper, oh I wanna do that too, oh that too, oh this will be cool, this will make things easier...wait its how much now?

Yup.

Two 12X18 Aluminum Heat sinks. 60 3W LEDS (Phillips Luxeon 660mn, 450nm). Two 75W controllable LED drivers.

Put it in perspective, a well functioning scrubber will pull out orders of magnitude more nutrients than a skimmer. People drop $500-$1000 on a skimmer all the time.

EnderG60;1070661 wrote: would probably taste better then those kale smoothies I tried to drink for a few days.:sick:

Gross. I'm impressed you even tried!

Back