Where can I buy replacement UV glass?

dmahoney82

Market
Reaction score
A couple months ago the UV glass on one side of my mh fixture shattered due to being hot as hell and being splashed with a good amount of water. Long story. Anyways, I figured that I would run the lights with glass on the right side still and no glass on the left. It seems that the right side of my tank with the UV glass is doing better than the left without the glass. Antbody know where I can pick up a 6"x24" piece of UV glass? Preferably in Kennesaw.

Thanks

I was told by experts that all plate glass shields UVs ( quarts, starfire ... do not shield much)
I guess, some could shield more than others.

I am aware that it doesn't block out much, but all of my sps on the left side of the tank are bleaching out. I've moved a couple to the right side and they are doing better. Believe me I'd rather not go spend more money on something like this, but you gotta do what ya gotta do

No, im not saying not to use a glass shield. Im saying that plate glass From HD or lowes works good for blocking UVs also. Daina Ridle has said this.

If you get it locally, ask for Low E glass. As was mentioned above, contacting the manufacturer is usually the best route. Find a local retailer that deals with them and they should be able to get it without a problem.

The same thing happen to me. I called lot's of glass companies in Atlanta and no one stocked Low E glass. I ended going to an LFS and the owner got in touch with the light maker and they ended up sending the reflector shield to her for free. It was a Current USA fixture. They're a first class company. and so is the LFS that handled the issue.

One thing you got to remeber those sheild are tempered so they can handle the heat. I broke one off of my old pendent. went to a glass shop had the cut me the piece then they had it tempered cost me 18.00

Back