Where is the PAR Meter?

dakota9

Market
Reaction score
I've had lighting concerns in my tank (250 watt SE MH with 2X95 Watt Actininc) and want to change K rating from the 10,000K that I'm using. I've purchased three Phillips Bulbs in 10, 14, and 20K and want to check my PAR level with each before deciding on which one to stick with.

I know I'm low on the list of members waiting on it, but if it has been repaired (as I think it was in the shop) I'd offer a few bucks to whom ever has it to come check the PAR achieved of the three different bulbs.

("Give Me The Eye"....... Remember that discussion Skriz?)

not sure but I'd like to know where I stand in line, its been awhile since I've asked for it :)

I asked Tony recently...he just got it back at the last meeting and is sending it in for calibration.

I know where I am...next :)

Dakota9;103419 wrote: I've had lighting concerns in my tank (250 watt SE MH with 2X95 Watt Actininc) and want to change K rating from the 10,000K that I'm using. I've purchased three Phillips Bulbs in 10, 14, and 20K and want to check my PAR level with each before deciding on which one to stick with.

I know I'm low on the list of members waiting on it, but if it has been repaired (as I think it was in the shop) I'd offer a few bucks to whom ever has it to come check the PAR achieved of the three different bulbs.

("Give Me The Eye"....... Remember that discussion Skriz?)

LOL! Yeah, i remember that! LOL!

Not sure where I am in the line now either. Tony?

<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">Balagan</span></span>
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">JeffT (Macon)</span></span>
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">Blueeyes (Decatur)</span></span>
<span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;">Taftonomos (McDonough)</span></span>
<span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;">Skriz </span></span>
<span style="color: black;"></span><span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;">Stroid</span></span>

tsciarini;103634 wrote: <span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">Balagan</span></span>
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">JeffT (Macon)</span></span>
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">Blueeyes (Decatur)</span></span>
<span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;">Taftonomos (McDonough)</span></span>
<span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;">Skriz </span></span>
<span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;">Stroid</span></span>

can you add me to that waiting list?

I'll add you to the list... but everyone please <u>PM me</u> if you'd like to be added. It's too difficult to track in conversation threads. Someone said something on another thread that I didnt see then they flipped out on me becasue they didnt see their name on the list.

glxtrix;103430 wrote: not sure but I'd like to know where I stand in line, its been awhile since I've asked for it :)

Lee... I thought you said you didnt need it anymore?

here is an idea the par meter isnt that expensive maybe 250 bucks why dont we get like 2 or 3 more test all of them together to make sure they are working ok and more people can hae them when needed just a though

Victor626nj;103713 wrote: here is an idea the par meter isnt that expensive maybe 250 bucks why dont we get like 2 or 3 more test all of them together to make sure they are working ok and more people can hae them when needed just a though
Because its difficult to justify the nearly $300 pricetag. The most common first response when we rent it out is "oh, I didn't realize there was a $10 rental fee... nevermind"
The past couple months there has been more of an interest in it... I'll approach the BoD to see if they feel multiple meters would be suitable.

thanks tony its just a though tbut it will also insure that they are working right cause you can test them against each other

tsciarini;103670 wrote: Lee... I thought you said you didnt need it anymore?

heh, i thought when we talked like 2 months ago that you said you were putting me back on the list. Oh well, guess i need to see sammy about his.

One meter is fine if we could move it from person to person quickly enough. Or just each person pay one person 10 bucks to test their tank. A member could well get their money back on gas and then some by doing this one weekend day.

I'm still waiting to hear back from Apogee... my guess is they took a long break for Thanksgiving so I'm not sure when it will get shipped.

Two sounds reasonable even at the $300 if enough people wait for it.

At $10 per rental, the one we have MUST be paid for by now. Maybe that justifies buying another...

I doubt 10 people have even rented it since we've owned it - we need a better way to allow members to get ahold of things like this...

Slapping time limits on its use and return like a library is probably a good idea.

Ohh... maybe we start a library... hmmm... probably could get a nice collection going just from donated books.

Back