Where is the PAR Meter?

seriously can we speed up the process on this im at the bottom of the list for over a month now and it seems like I may be lucky if I see this by June

yeah a quicker turn over would be nice. I've been waiting for awhile, and if people are renting it, then where is it? I've heard the time on this was 1 week.....who needs this thing for 1 week??? I only need it for 10 minutes, lol.

Cameron;103926 wrote: Slapping time limits on its use and return like a library is probably a good idea.

There's a one week time limit. I'm not sure how to enforce it, though. We could make $10/week, but then people would just keep it for a month at a time and pay the rental fee, or just refuse to pay.

And, someone would need to manage it...

While we're on the wish list, I'd like to see us get a phosphate colorimeter...

We've had about a dozen rentals...
The other issue is location. There were a couple times that I drove 40min to get it to someone. We could start shipping it but that just means more costs (or less costs from the person taking the time to drive)
I think that getting a second one is a good idea, but may be quick to kick out the money since we havent even come close to even on the first one.
(btw, the recalibration is $50... still waiting to hear back on a shipping date)

Course with two as someone mentioned you would know when it needed calibration versus just sending it in annually or something.

I also don't think it is unreasonable to do $10 a week and require that it is picked up and dropped off.

tsciarini;104166 wrote: We've had about a dozen rentals...

That is surprising... seems like there was much more demand for it than that.

I agree with Cameron, I don't think it is out of the question to ask people to pick it up and drop it off with the keeper of the equipment... with the cost of gas these days, it is quite unfair to ask the keeper of the equipment to come and get the meter...

How about a $50-100 deposit that is refunded when the meter is returned. This way they could be charged $10 per week out of the deposit...

If we own the PAR meter, what is the rental fee for? Maybe the rental fee could go toward pre-printed shipping labels to the next recipient?

LorenK;104192 wrote: If we own the PAR meter, what is the rental fee for? Maybe the rental fee could go toward pre-printed shipping labels to the next recipient?

True! Why do we rent something we own?

I second the phsophate colorimeter idea! I would much rather have access to a different piece of equipment.

It has ongoing costs associated with it, but the dues likely count cover that. I could certainly see a free 3 day rental with a $10 late fee per week or something though.

I dont see any reason why we couldn't stop charging for it... but we would definately need to start enforcing the deposit. There would have to be no exchanging between members if we did it that way to aviod someone saying "it stopped working before I got it" type thing.

Anyone want to work on a rental agreement sign-out sheet?

They should have to leave a major Credit Card with the you. That should get a couple of losers out of my way.......

Id like to get in line for this. I really want to know what my 400w and T5 setup puts out.

and has anyone tested the sun yet?

http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/track">http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/track</a>
1Z78A7E60350642140

Dakota9;104270 wrote: They should have to leave a major Credit Card with the you. That should get a couple of losers out of my way.......

I think tht we should still charge for this. Every 3 yrs it should be sent back to Apogee for calibrating which costs money.

In addition, the fee <u>and</u> the credit card ensure that folk who actually want it will return it in good working order.

Cameron;103928 wrote: Ohh... maybe we start a library... hmmm... probably could get a nice collection going just from donated books.

I love the idea. It's handling the detail operations of the library that killed this idea ~3yrs ago.

Back