which brand return pump??

jimmystephens

Market
Reaction score
I'm setting up a 4 ft 120 gallon and getting everything ready for it. All I have ever used the last 10 years or so is mag pumps. I've heard good and bad reviews from all types of pumps. Wanted yall's opinion. Internal pump- sump under stand- left over flow.
Deciding between

Sicee 5.0 or dc pump from jeabo or other?
Thanks

Jebaos are good return pumps, but if you have the money, get the eco tech vectra. Easy control with a bunch of extra features. It can also be controlled through your phone on ecosmart live(if you get a reeflink).

LSU_fishFan;1076315 wrote: Jebaos are good return pumps, but if you have the money, get the eco tech vectra. Easy control with a bunch of extra features. It can also be controlled through your phone on ecosmart live(if you get a reeflink).
What features do they have that are worth 3x the money.
BTW not being sarcastic, truly do not know.

Running a jebao DCT 4000 wide open and I can't hear it.

JimmyStephens;1076301 wrote: I'm setting up a 4 ft 120 gallon and getting everything ready for it. All I have ever used the last 10 years or so is mag pumps. I've heard good and bad reviews from all types of pumps. Wanted yall's opinion. Internal pump- sump under stand- left over flow.

Deciding between

Sicee 5.0 or dc pump from jeabo or other?

Thanks

I've been running an Eheim 1262 on an identical size tank for years. No issues, but there's little flow left over for equipment to be powered from it. I'm shopping for a DCT12000 now as a backup/upgrade.

grouper therapy;1076319 wrote: What features do they have that are worth 3x the money.
BTW not being sarcastic, truly do not know.

Running a jebao DCT 4000 wide open and I can't hear it.

Can be run as a closed loop or return pump
Easy feed mode setup by allowing you to set the slowest possible speed the pump can go, while still barely trickling water
Set the max speed the pump can go that your drains can handle
Internal or external operation
Can sense when sucking air and will shut off so it won't run dry and will send an alert
Can stop if hard objects get sucked in crabs, snails, etc. and will send notification
Will wait a few minutes for the above scenerios then slowly ramp back up to check if it's ok to turn on

Just some of the things I can think of from macna
Here is their overview

a>

LSU_fishFan;1076324 wrote: Can be run as a closed loop or return pump
Easy feed mode setup by allowing you to set the slowest possible speed the pump can go, while still barely trickling water
Set the max speed the pump can go that your drains can handle
Internal or external operation
Can sense when sucking air and will shut off so it won't run dry and will send an alert
Can stop if hard objects get sucked in crabs, snails, etc. and will send notification
Will wait a few minutes for the above scenerios then slowly ramp back up to check if it's ok to turn on

Just some of the things I can think of from macna
Here is their overview

http://ecotechmarine.com/products/vectra/vectra-m1">http://ecotechmarine.com/products/vectra/vectra-m1</a>[/QUOTE]

I know the jebao will shut off if run dry.
It ramps up from the 10 min fixed feed mode
And you can adjust the speed as well.
Not external I don't think
No notification but I guess an apex could do that.
Not seeing the value yet.
Customer service I guess is good with ecotech but I can buy 3 jebao and have customer service on the shelf.

grouper therapy;1076327 wrote: I know the jebao will shut off if run dry.
It ramps up from the 10 min fixed feed mode
And you can adjust the speed as well.
Not external I don't think
No notification but I guess an apex could do that.
Not seeing the value yet.
Customer service I guess is good with ecotech but I can buy 3 jebao and have customer service on the shelf.

You can adjust the speed from set intervals. With the ecotech, you can adjust with 1% increments.

Not saying jebaos are bad, I use one on my tank, but you can't tell me that the jebao is a better pump just because it's cheaper.

LSU_fishFan;1076328 wrote: You can adjust the speed from set intervals. With the ecotech, you can adjust with 1% increments.

Not saying jebaos are bad, I use one on my tank, but you can't tell me that the jebao is a better pump just because it's cheaper.

Not at all but you can't tell me that the vortec is a better pump just because it's more expensive. Don't get me wrong I just don't see the justification of that much more money for very few additional features, others do and that is ok too. 20 to 30 % more maybe I just thought there might be something I was missing .

grouper therapy;1076329 wrote: Not at all but you can't tell me that the vortec is a better pump just because it's more expensive. Don't get me wrong I just don't see the justification of that much more money for very few additional features, others do and that is ok too. 20 to 30 % more maybe I just thought there might be something I was missing .

Fair enough, but also remember that ecotech products are made in America, and jebao is from China

Lots of people want to talk about how they hate how everything is from China, but then they don't want to pay the American prices.

LSU_fishFan;1076331 wrote: Fair enough, but also remember that ecotech products are made in America, and jebao is from China

Lots of people want to talk about how they hate how everything is from China, but then they don't want to pay the American prices.
sure about that?

grouper therapy;1076333 wrote: sure about that?

Unless they've moved recently

<!-- gcu-updated ame -->http://youtu.be/HoLV_iENgt0<!-- gcu-updated /ame -->

I really was asking . I knew the powerheads and light were " assembled" here but I thought I read somewhere that the vectra were made elsewhere. Could be wrong. I am a lot of the time.
Trust me if everyone would quit buying chines cabinets I could afford USA made pumps. It's a vicious circle.

The vectra pump motor block is made in china. Not sure about the controlleraccessories. But the motor block is. Same company that makes the deepwater aquatics pumps.

Back