which fish would you prefer

that probably wont support your tank much since predators require alot more skimming since they produce so much waste.

is it recirculating?

He came with the 240g and was an adult. One thing I forgot is that they sleep under the substrate so I would recommend it be at least 3" deep.
http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10412">http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10412</a>
He is in the back right of my tank in this photo.

Thanks. The RCW is around 6-6.5" long. You can see both the FF and RCW in that photo. Right now I have
3 triggers Humu, Clown and Niger
1 soldier squirrel
1 FF rabbit
1 Tomato clown
1 RCW
3 crabs

I might get rid of the Tomato clown and Squirrel fish in the future.

Large Thinstripe Hermits. One has been in the tank for 2 weeks while the other 2 were added this weekend. They do get rolled over but I think it is just curiosity as the fish are fed well, but you never know one day they could get eaten.

Get the coris wrasse. The foxface is a reef tank type of fish, that's boring. The whole point of a good fish only tank is to populate it with the beautiful fish we wish we could have in our reef tanks :).

You have to realize that crabs are on the menu for the type of fish you are going to put in your tank. If you feed your fish everyday the crabs might last longer. So, it is a gamble putting crabs in a predator tank even with hard shells to protect them.

I would get the wrasse. It is a beautiful fish. Saltwater City has one that is stunning

I love my red corris wrasse...
He is in my reef and getting along fine! He will eat my blue leg hermits, but leaving everything else alone... I do keep him fed real good!

Coris Wrasse is my suggestion. I wouldn't worry too much about the skimmer personally just keep up the water changes. If you are doing 15-20g water changes weekly and have a good amount of live rock, you will likely be fine. Water quality isn't as big a deal if you are fish only with live rock (FOWLR). I would suggest some good flow near the bottom of the tank though. Dead spots in flow in the tank could be very bad.

Back