Which Of These Lights For My 60G

I'm curious to know why those with a 60G Cube chose 2 go with 2 kessil lights.

Did it improve coral growth?
Was there an increase in algae?

If you have 2 and run them at 50% wouldn't that be the same as having one and running it close to 100% intensity.

Just curious - thanks!

It's a very fixed point lighting system. If you only use 1, you're going to have a lot of shady spots.

Dvara78;1045765 wrote: I'm curious to know why those with a 60G Cube chose 2 go with 2 kessil lights.

Did it improve coral growth?
Was there an increase in algae?

If you have 2 and run them at 50% wouldn't that be the same as having one and running it close to 100% intensity.

Just curious - thanks!

Personally, I went with 2 because I saw 1 was only really helping the top portions of the sps get proper light. With MH, T5, the bulbs do a better job at wrapping the corals. Other LED lights may do a better job with this, but due to the Kessil design of a cluster, it's very spot light like. I did 2 so I could "try" to wrap the undersides, or at least the front underside. Does it help, is it silly...perhaps, but I like to think my corals are "happy". I know most people don't run LED units at full 100%. I don't for fear of burning through the life, and when I've seen these units much past 70% my corals weren't too happy. Maybe over time I could ramp up the intensity as they acclimate over some months. With 2 I have more control over color and intensity for which ever light. 2 just suit me better for the effect I want. I also have the top down with more of a blue color and the front-ish one has a tad more white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk