Who has a 2nd Membrane on their RO/DI unit?

McPhock;987764 wrote: Plumber I guess? Anyone have any good, fair recommendations?

Does you house have a basement? It's usually right where the water line enters from outside.

jead85;987760 wrote: order the add on kit from AWI for $25 and they have a $10 off coupon... membrane from amazon
or.. order the whole setup from AWI and the whole setup is $60 shipped. $10 less than BRS

Where'd you see the coupon? I didn't see one and was just on their site.

As our quarterly special we are offering you $10 off any purchase of $10 or more, plus shipping! That code is AWI99912

You can still use your 10% club discount code 18057 as it will remain the same!

The Free shipping code for purchases over $175 has been changed to AWI99955

Yeah....I found it. Thanks! Didn't order one though because as you read it, the 2nd membrane requires 65 psi minimum input pressure. I don't think I get that on my waste output so that means buying a booster pump as well. I'm not sure that I want to go to that expense.

Jeff, I have the full BRS setup with a second membrane and a booster pump. My waste output dropped dramatically when I added it. I get somewhere around 200 gallons a day output now and adding the second membrane has saved me a ton of money. As bonus I run my waste water out to the backyard which is spilt to our garden and our pool.

For most users, a booster pump is a requirement with a second membrane installed. And as was stated, it really cuts down on the waste water.

yeah I am really considering adding a second membrane to my system as well. Ive got everything except the membrane.. I just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Jeff, IMHO it's worth every penny adding the booster and and the second membrane. Our water bill dropped big time.

Back