Who has clams?

rk4435

Market
Reaction score
I'm in town for the night and will have the chance to hit some of the great ATL lfs tomorrow.

Has anyone seen any great looking clams around this week? I feel like I need one to complete my tank.

For you question, Pure Reef had some bombing (2) ultra ultra blue and quite a few of the same quality gold maximas! 2-3" and stunning. If I didn't have leds I'd be all over them!!

Good question. Do clams not do well with led lighting? I have a RB light and don't want to make a mistake.

tdam;980006 wrote: Do clams not do well with leds?

Not sure, I've never seen an LED tank with clams. Asking around late 2013 it seemed the consensus was they could keep alive but not provide the necessary criteria to flourish. Since then I've seen nor heard different and really did not want to risk those beauts over at Pure Reef without knowing for sure.

I've had a derasa under AI SOL Blues for nearly 2 years. Its put on about 2" of shell in that time. Its a shade smaller than a football.

I had no problem with clams under LEDs on my last tank and plan on doing the same on this next one.

I had a derasa under led and did fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe I need to give it a whirl. Thanks, guys ( sarcastically) I was using this excuse to keep some change in my pockets. If pure reef has some left Monday I'll snatch one up .

<p style="text-align:center">
photo_zps61832a99.jpg
alt="" />

<span style="font-size: 14px">
We got this lil' guy, does he count? :)

Also Tahitian blue maximas, and derasas.</span>

Thanks for all the input guys. I picked up a clam at Atlanta Aquarium today.

We went to Pure Reef after where my wife spent my kids college fund.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
980210=55888-image.jpg
>
980210=55888-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

rk4435;980210 wrote: Thanks for all the input guys. I picked up a clam at Atlanta Aquarium today.

We went to Pure Reef after where my wife spent my kids college fund.

LOL I hear ya!

SEA Atlanta;980147 wrote: <p style="text-align:center">
photo_zps61832a99.jpg
alt="" />

<span style="font-size: 14px">
We got this lil' guy, does he count? :)

Also Tahitian blue maximas, and derasas.</span>

Awesome!!!

Love the zoas growing on its shell as well!

Back