Who reefs above 80?

Hey man by all means, if it works for you keep it there. Higher temps are means to getting algae faster once your phosphates start to raise....well and the smaller window of error if heat starts to build up.

This time of year 78.5 - 81.5 is my swing. Never had an issue with it. I have seen my display go as high as 83.5 in the summer with no problems.

i wouldnt just start to raise temp overnight,, during the winter i set my ac3 to 81 degrees,,, so my tank has been acclimated to higher temps throughout the year, I gradually raise the temp by 0.2 degrees per week as soon as spring comes round and drop it the same way when autum rolls round.. this minimises the stress to the livestock rather then a sudden drop.. gotta love a aquacontroller..

normally high of 83 and a low of 79 every day and everything is doing great. my AC cut off for a few days once and my tank was about 87 and everything was fine. the water got dirtied faster though. maybe everything was in overdrive or something, i wouldnt recommend that though. lol. but yeah, the 80s rule... as long as the animals aren't from cooler waters.

jmaneyapanda;179982 wrote: My heaters are set to 79.5 ish, but the temp is routinely 80-81 during the day and at the lowest 79.5 at night.

My temp swings are exactly the same, except they go up to 80-81 during the night (when the fans are off). During the day the fans keep the temp at 79.5 (where I have the heater set).

FutureInterest;181006 wrote: My tank rarely hits 80. Its usually anywhere from 77 to 79.

+1. Got a chiller, but it does not come on a lot. Tank is in a basement with air conditioning.

Back