who wants to help me with aqua scape

victor626nj

Market
Reaction score
i haate the way my aquascape looks and need an artistic person to give me a hand ive seen some of your tanks and i love the way they look i just cant get mine the way i want it .

Why not make 2 separate large piles with a break in the center? That's how my 90 is and I think it looks pretty cool.

flinster;70035 wrote: Why not make 2 separate large piles with a break in the center? That's how my 90 is and I think it looks pretty cool.
yeah i was thinking of that but i have a lot of live rock and i still think i wont make it look good thats why i want someones else thats welling to help me out

flaco626nj;70044 wrote: yeah i was thinking of that but i have a lot of live rock and i still think i wont make it look good thats why i want someones else thats welling to help me out

I wasn't happy with mine until I got rid of all of the gaps and openings that made it look like a chain link fence. The 'scaping I see that I like is tiered from back to front; i.e., LR stacked fairly high against the back glass, then a second *step* stacked against that one, but not as high, then a 3rd a bit shorter, etc. Somewhere in the 2nd or 3rd tier you can allow a shelf and/or a cave.

A tiered aquascaping gives all those nice levels for corals and ledges/caves for fish. And it's much more stable than balancing a larger rock across small rock supports (if that makes any sense). IMO, a tiered 'scape looks much more natural ~ like a real piece of reef.

I will help. Look at my avatar pic and see if you like the way I stack rock. If so, I will be happy to come up. It will have to be next weekend though. Lawrenceville is too far to go in the evening after work. If you want, send me a PM and I'll give you my phone #.

Victor, I do not mind helping ya... If you like what I did with my aquascaping. Finding the time right now could be a chore but I should be able to find it soon.

I had the same problem then I just played around with it and wa la it worked

Victor, you can just give your tank and stuff and then you won't have to worry about it!

I like the style of two tiers on each side with a slope or break in the middle. Make sure on is smaller that the other and don't put the break in the in the exact middle, little off to one side, sort a of like composing a picture.

TriGa22;70101 wrote: I had the same problem then I just played around with it and wa la it worked

Not trying to be the English (or in this case French) monitor but it is

voilà - French for "Yo check it dog"

Back