Whos got a project about to start?

drnecropolis

Market
Reaction score
Anyone got a DIY project they are going to be starting soon, that we could maybe put together a workshop?

Inline with some ideas I had for the club, some DIY workshops were something that seemed to garner alot of praise.

Just wondering if anyone is about to start something that perhaps we could have some people get together and hang out and work on some DIY projects and pehaps make an instrucional video on to post here?

Things like Kalk stirrers, Calcium reactors, LED lights, sumps, etc..

I don't HAVE to start a project - but would love a calcium reactor build.
I have an easy DIY plan, just would need a place w enough tools (Dave, this one's for you!!!)

Robb

I will be having plenty coming up as the tank room progresses. I will tell you about some of them tomorrow.

LilRobb;477864 wrote: I don't HAVE to start a project - but would love a calcium reactor build.
I have an easy DIY plan, just would need a place w enough tools (Dave, this one's for you!!!)
Agreed.. Dave and I have talked about this before.. Just need to get together and get a solid plan together and enough participants involved to make it worth it..
Robb

johnr2604;477867 wrote: I will be having plenty coming up as the tank room progresses. I will tell you about some of them tomorrow.
Awesome.. Looking forward to hearing them..

I got a couple of large canopies for future sponsor (I hope) to finish this week .After that I would be open to something. You guys decide and I will help if I know how or at least my shop.

DrNecropolis;477894 wrote: I think a DIY calc reactor would be a good one to put together.

I like it! I've got a CO2 bottle and regulator ready to be put to use.

Well ar we talking calcium reactor or Kalk reactor? I'm thinking a Kalk reactor. Nice cheap easy DIY and everybody has been talking about kalk lately.

grouper therapy;477915 wrote: We can do both:yes::yes::yes::yes:
True that..

Let me know when you finish up your current project so we can get together and get a gameplan worked out..

AndyMan;477922 wrote: http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40308">http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40308</a> :thumbs:[/QUOTE]
Yup.. I think it would be neat if we can get together a list of materials that are cheap and easy to aquire and assemble. Have some members get together at someone's house and hang out and get some stuff put together while hanging out with other members.. Kinda like a Birdhouse workshop we did when we where kids..

rsjoiner;477926 wrote: you made Birdhouses? we made potatoe guns! Haha!:thumbs:
I meant sanctioned workshops..

I used to have a wicked Potatoe Gun.. Ran the grill igniter into a PVC handle, So it could be held like a shotgun..

SWEET! I am in for what ever you choose, I need almost everything. Great suggestions.

The diy sulfur reactors we did a while back can be modified to be either one Kalk or Calcium reactor.

So when we doing it? We are all on the west side of town except Andre. Between me and grouper we got all the tools we need. We all got the knowhow. I got a video camera and tripod. Sounds like all we need is a time date and place.

Back