Who's tired of sandbeds?

Ricky5415;1096959 wrote: I think we should get a meeting where we can actually getting some hand on experience with cement + epoxy+ drill those live/dry rock.

Your best friends w aquascaping are a great oscillating power tool, big chunks, and gravity.
In my experience zip ties and epoxy will fail. Epoxy is good for kind of making sure things don't move, but I won't trust it for structure.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Ricky5415;1096958 wrote: I used to like BB then change to just a littleif sand so I can keep a few more critters (sand shifting sea star, sea cucumber, diamond goby , wrasse..) just enough to cover + for a good environment for those needed

I've read some threads here at ARC where some place a TupperWare bowl or dish filled with sand in their aquarium. No headaches of trying to clean the entire bottom of the tank with the sand. This process would limit your sand sifters livestock. Another minor concern is the possibility of sand being sprayed outside of the TupperWare dish.

Wannabee

Debbie,
I agree that BB will be much cleaner / easier to clean up but think of all other fish + critters u can add with just small amount of sand. Before u do a WC just kind blow it over with a turkey blaster or small powerhead and just do a water change. They are not that bad at all. I have done it all from really deep sand to 1-2 inch to BB. Then add just a little sand ( about 1//3-1/2 inch ) and this is where I like them most. Keep in mind it will get blowup around the tank or being all push back to the back of the tank ( depend on where u place your powerhead). My front tank always end up with no sand cover at all, but the mid + back is covered with sand enough for some of my fish to make it home. Forgot to mention I can keep 3 gobies + pistol shrimp too

I don't know, when I look at a tank and there like a plastic Tupperware somewhere in there. It just get on my unnaturally side + how big of a tiup can u put in there. Will it be enough place for those livestocks.

Why not put matrix in the sump and frag racks in the display? Forget all that live rock and sand. 4 mp turds on each end and get that stuff down to the skimmer and filter sock. It will look very natural! I promise. Oh yeah don't forget the self bailing sunken ship .
I'm getting very confused. Tank too clean? Tank too dirty with sand bed? Take the sand out ? Dose nitrates? Forget scale?

It's in the eye of the beholder;)
I do have to admit I've grown to like a bb.
It is DEFINITELY something one has to get use to though.
For me bb serves a purpose. As above it lets me get crap out of the display and filtered. Is it natural looking? Well, I suppose it's just as natural looking as any glass box with wires/ artificial light / pumps hanging on the sides / and a stack of rock haha.

SnowManSnow;1097009 wrote: It's in the eye of the beholder;)
I do have to admit I've grown to like a bb.
It is DEFINITELY something one has to get use to though.
For me bb serves a purpose. As above it lets me get crap out of the display and filtered. Is it natural looking? Well, I suppose it's just as natural looking as any glass box with wires/ artificial light / pumps hanging on the sides / and a stack of rock haha.

I know we are unique creatures , aren't we? I don't really notice the bottom of well kept tanks. Too busy looking at the super nice corals. I do have a sand bed but I have always kept mine clean and refreshed at least twice a year if not more.

I don't even notice the bottom other than nothing gets burried in the sand bed anymore.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
fieldset>

Ricky5415;1096999 wrote: I don't know, when I look at a tank and there like a plastic Tupperware somewhere in there. It just get on my unnaturally side + how big of a tiup can u put in there. Will it be enough place for those livestocks.

Place the TupperWare behind the rock structure. Problem solved!

Wannabee

Back