Why the trouble with LED

Btw I knew what you meant. I have lots of fish in my personal takes:)
Did you feel that tug?

for example
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
1076039=66754-20160311_104921.jpg
>
1076039=66754-20160311_104921.jpg
class="gc-images" title="20160311_104921.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

grouper therapy;1076037 wrote: Btw I knew what you meant. I have lots of fish in my personal takes:)
Did you feel that tug?

yeah but i can see someone reading this and going. "well golly, ima get me a fish bowl, a home depot halogen light, and fisher price rc tug boat for flow, and my coral will be as happy as grouper's".

lil exaggerated of course, but you get what i mean.

Russ-IV;1076063 wrote: yeah but i can see someone reading this and going. "well golly, ima get me a fish bowl, a home depot halogen light, and fisher price rc tug boat for flow, and my coral will be as happy as grouper's".

lil exaggerated of course, but you get what i mean.
I have my fisher price tugboat and a couple of incandwscent bulbs over my 10 gallon....am I ready? Sorry, couldnt resist:)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

SaltWaterWannabe;1076076 wrote: I have my fisher price tugboat and a couple of incandwscent bulbs over my 10 gallon....am I ready? Sorry, couldnt resist:)

see what i mean?
dan is already picking out his rubbermaid bin now.

Let's use my tank as an example! I have a few frags I bought back in the middle of February. One of which is a sunset monti. The orange base color has become less vibrant. My nitrates have been pretty stable in the 8-12 ppm range, and my PO4 has been pretty stable at 0.04 ppm.

If I am reading things correctly, I can either decrease the light to that particular coral or increase nutrients? In this case, I think less light would be the way to go?

Plenty of nutrients. Less light would be my first change

Jvb89;1076140 wrote: Plenty of nutrients. Less light would be my first change

joey is dead on.
ime 5 is plenty. i have gone as high as 5-15 but i was trying to get the most growth i could with 1200 par.

couple of things id do.
blue up the spectrum. more white light seems to "wash" pigments out ime. bluing it up for a month will def darken the color.

also light length. i generally go 6-8 hours peak light. thats it. 7 hours of peak is a good target. during peak you can do less whites or more blue. i still like to do 100% white at some point. even if it is for an hour. so you have a lot of light variables to play with.

im sure other lighting gurus will chime in.

Any recommendation on a change to the lighting intensity? Maybe a 15% reduction, and observe?

I would just put that piece in a less intense area. Unless all corals are faded

JBDreefs;1076147 wrote: Any recommendation on a change to the lighting intensity? Maybe a 15% reduction, and observe?

might help if we knew your light schedule.

for example...
image.png
alt="" />

ironically the blue line are my whites.

white abd black lines are my moonlights and blues/purples.

I will post the schedule when I get home. Maybe I can try to snap a few pictures as well.

so id probably peak it for 6 hours and then have a steeper ramp up and down time.

at 6:30 or 7 i just moonlight it til i kill it.

Back