Wild Caught Fish Not Eating...

Well, my friends, looks like my negative has turned into a positive in the form of an anniversary gift. I guess my constant talking about my SW adventures has sunk in with my girlfriend.

I've been wanting a mantis shrimp for about a year now. I loved the peacock for it's size, but, didn't like the fact that it doesn't do well around light. Then I started hunting a G. Smithii. Well, come to find out that there was a Gonodactylaceus ternatensis online for sale, and this fits my wishes better than I knew. I never even told her about this species, but, she did some research, and found the largest of the gonodactylid and it can stand light!!!

Now for the Bonus: She had to spend $140 to get the free shipping, so she called the online fish store, and asked some questions... She wanted to make sure the fish was eating, and asked what the fish was eating. She also asked how it responded to light, and if it showed any sign of sickness like how healthy the fins were, and if there were any discoloration. Seems as if everything checked out, so she ordered a fish as well. I thought I got on her nerves with all of my marine life talk, but, I guess she was listening.
Guess what she ordered... A female swallowtail angel!!! She said it has been in a tank with other fish for 2 months, ate well, and was used to bright light. Along with the order will come brine shrimp, and she ordered some nutramar from another online store. It will all be here Thursday. Can't wait!!!

Thanks to all of you all for keeping my spirits up. I was scared to take another chance on this fish, but it looks like second chances do happen...

:fish::wine::fest06::kiss::grouphug::w00t::cheers::Banane13::Banane57::Banane09:

Back